Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Benitez is a control freak who feels he deserves a real top club. With no real top club after him, I expect he'll want a "project" with lots of money and control. Or at least control.

Benitez is a top-notch manager. To think otherwise is ludicrous.

And you'd be hard pressed to call us anything but a project after this season, regardless of whether or not that's true.

I didn't mention his skill as a manager, just his personality. His personality tells me he would never come here under Ashley.

Benitez is a control freak who feels he deserves a real top club. With no real top club after him, I expect he'll want a "project" with lots of money and control.

And you'd be hard pressed to call us anything but a project after this season, regardless of whether or not that last sentence true.

champions league winner- up in the SBR calibre imo.

Benitez is a control freak who feels he deserves a real top club. With no real top club after him, I expect he'll want a "project" with lots of money and control. Or at least control.

And you'd be hard pressed to call us anything but a project after this season, regardless of whether or not that's true.

I didn't mention his skill as a manager, just his personality. His personality tells me he would never come here under Ashley.

Aye fair point. :thup:

Though I get the feeling that most top-flight managers are self-centered control freaks, whether they're class (Benitez, Ferguson) or garbage (Pardew, Hughes).

Aye fair point. :thup:

Though I get the feeling that most top-flight managers are self-centered control freaks, whether they're class (Benitez, Ferguson) or garbage (Pardew, Hughes).

A lot of managers on the continent are used to being "head coaches". They have a say in transfers but they're not in 100% control. Benitez is not one of them.

I wasn't best fan of him at Chelsea but I'd be reasonably happy with di matteo , he passes the not pardew test anyway

If Zola fails to bring Watford up wonder if he'd fancy a go, know he failed at West Brom but think what he's done with Watford is good, got together a rather disperate set of players

Don't rate Di Matteo at all.

We'd never be able to attract anyone as good as Rafa. Sad but true.

I'm not sure, we might represent the best chance for him to stay in the PL.

Listen to his interviews. He wants to win trophies. He wants to be back where he was 5-6 years ago.

I do rate Benitez highly but I do get a sense that he's "yesterday's man". Sacchi didn't achieve very much after '94 and I feel something similar with Benitez. While still a good manager, he's not the great one of 10 years ago.

Ketsbaia.

I'm getting warmer to this idea. I really think someone like Ketsbaia could produce a much needed "rally around the flag" effect. And he has had success as a manager, though the one hang-up I have is his lack of top-level managing experience (6 games at Olympiakos, who always dominate the Greek league, doesn't really persuade me all that much).

Ketsbaia.

I'm getting warmer to this idea. I really think someone like Ketsbaia could produce a much needed "rally around the flag" effect. And he has had success as a manager, though the one hang-up I have is his lack of top-level managing experience (6 games at Olympiakos, who always dominate the Greek league, doesn't really persuade me all that much).

To be fair he's got Champions League experience and is managing at international level.

Sure it's been mentioned, but what's the deal with Laurent Blanc? Out of a job isn't he? Any chance he'd be interested?

Not good enough for us apparently although I bet he wins a lot more trophies than we do over the next decade.

Is that the general consensus on here? He won the French league with an unspectacular Bordeaux side and then took a national team in disarray on a 20 game unbeaten run. I would love him personally, is it realistic?