Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

:lol:

Cracks me up everytime when people add a little, "I hate you Alan." "f*** off Pards" etc  :)

It's a, I know that feel, moment for a lot of us.

Its a genuine feeling, though. Not just a forum inspired get-on-the-same-bandwagon type of feeling. I really do hate him. Bunch of french internationals and he has them playing awful, non-attacking, no-movement type of football.

Its like watching a boat steering right towards a big f***ing iceberg and yet while it can steer away and safely save everyone onboard, it doesnt.

It's more like we've just avoided a big iceberg and we're waiting to see where we're going now.

Nah man, we scraped up a big hole on the side and now we're slowly sinking. But Kate Winslet will survive.

RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA

Probs could get him cheap atm as well as he wants to stay in uk.

Really think Rafa would be interested... At least up until he spoke to Ashley and derk.

Absolutely scandalous he is available and we wouldnt try for him. He could legitimately get us back into that top 5/6 regularly, very few could.

Really think Rafa would be interested... At least up until he spoke to Ashley and derk.

Absolutely scandalous he is available and we wouldnt try for him. He could legitimately get us back into that top 5/6 regularly, very few could.

Agree.

Rafa has said that we wants to stay in England but his options are very limited.  He is not going to get a top 5 club and Everton is quite an awkward one for him.  He supposedly turned down Villa because of their financial situation a year or two ago.  We really are the most realistic option for him as we have good players and a lot of potential.  But then I doubt we would pay the kind of salary he would demand nor would we afford him the kind of control he likes to have.  And he certainly would not be prepared to do the PR work required to protect Ashley and Llambias.  He does like to get the media involved when things are not going as he wants behind the scenes.  I just don't think Ashley would trust him to stay "on message" and it would end up as something of a poitical battle between the board and manager as it did at Liverpool.

So frustrating man. I've no doubt that Shepherd would have brought in a manager like Benitez given the opportunity, but would have bankrupted us with the funds he gave him. Now we've got someone who watches the till but his ambition doesn't extend beyond staying in the league.

A happy medium would be great, somewhere between a reckless lunatic who genuinely wants us to win the league and a tight vindictive twat who doesn't care where we finish as long as we're in it and he sells some trainers.

Guest neesy111

So frustrating man. I've no doubt that Shepherd would have brought in a manager like Benitez given the opportunity, but would have bankrupted us with the funds he gave him. Now we've got someone who watches the till but his ambition doesn't extend beyond staying in the league.

A happy medium would be great, somewhere between a reckless lunatic who genuinely wants us to win the league and a tight vindictive twat who doesn't care where we finish as long as we're in it and he sells some trainers.

Disagree.

He's foreign, Shepherd didn't do them after Gullit.

Any chance of Rafa being considered for the Real Madrid job if Ancelotti chooses to stay with PSG? Can't think of many other big names around that hasn't already been linked to other clubs.

Disagree.

He's foreign, Shepherd didn't do them after Gullit.

I did consider that as I wrote it but he may have made an exception due to his achievements/stature in the game. Plus I said a manager 'like' him.

Name's been thrown into the hat several times throughout the years, but always as a last resort. Don't think it will happen. He's not shiny/cool enough for Pérez. Personally think Bernabéu fans would not take to him, either.

What about Malaga?