Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Has this regime, reduced us to thinking that Mcclaren is a reasonable option? :(

He's widely thought of as a top class coach mind. And since we need a coach and not a manager...

He had all the top coaching badges when he was at Middlesbrough.  It didn't stop him singing Alves and constantly putting players out of position.

Alves was absolutely brilliant the season before at Heerenveen. It didn't work out at Boro, but there is no way in my mind signing him was a mistake.

Fair comment. I know it was Dutch league, but he was absolutely banging them in over there.

Betting on Christophe Galtier suspended on PP, probably means f***-all like but still.

Showing 16/1 on mine?

Fair enough, aye it's not suspended now.  He was listed in around the same place but there was a little lock on it saying it was suspended, maybe they had just had a big-ish bet on it or something but then again his odds don't seem to have shortened much.

Ashley has never paid for a manager and I don't see him starting now. Does Carver have a UEFA Pro licence? If he does, I can see us being without a permanent appointment until the summer barring a disaster within the next month or so that threatens our PL status.

How great is this, being able to discuss our next manager? :lol:

:lol: It really is.  This is our short window of opportunity to act like everything isn't s*** forever.

It's a real opportunity for Ashley to change the mood around his ownership completely if he makes the right call.

Who am I kidding? :lol:

Ashley has never paid for a manager and I don't see him starting now. Does Carver have a UEFA Pro licence? If he does, I can see us being without a permanent appointment until the summer barring a disaster within the next month or so that threatens our PL status.

The only thing that might change that is the fact he's received cash for pardew Lolz.

Wages on the other hand....

All of Ashley's managerial appointments so far have been very English. For that reason I still find it hard to get my head around him appointing a foreign coach.

My source of hope is that the only players we'd brought in under the new scouting system when Pardew arrived were Tiote and Ben Arfa.

He's switched the player recruitment to mainly forrins, so maybe he'll follow suit with the manager if he has any sense.  Suspect it depends on how much influence Carr has.

The only thing that might change that is the fact he's received cash for pardew Lolz.

Wages on the other hand....

Receiving additional cash doesn't change our player recruitment, so I'm doubtful it would change our manager recruitment either.

Guest Howaythetoon

From what I've been told or heard of KK was promoted to him by Sir John Hall, Kinnear was recommended by Wise, Hughton was basically a no brainer and always the caretaker even when full time manager and Pardew was recommended by Llambias. The one appointment that was all Ashley was Shearer? At the moment he trusts Carr more than anyone so it's going to be someone he recommends in my opinion. Bear in mind he entrusts Carr with the entire player recruitment side of the club which is arguably the biggest area of operations.

probably already been said, but this next managerial move will show ashleys intentions for us, as in, what he plans to do with the club in the next two years or so.

I think he may stick with Carver until summer and then sell us.

This is based on absolutely nowt by the way!

Carr is surely as respected as anyone at the club given his background and 8 year contract. While he was here for 8 months before Pardew was appointed I doubt he was fully consulted. Hopefully over time he has become more trusted to Ashley. Pretty sure he will be directly involved in the manager hunt and process.

I can't see our system being changed and as such a foreign coach seems the most natural fit. Ashley won't want to gamble with another British manager that won't work within his structure. It's also a chance to save some face, which is much needed. It's a statement of intent either way. If it's a horrific appointment he is obviously on the way out.

From what I've been told or heard of KK was promoted to him by Sir John Hall, Kinnear was recommended by Wise, Hughton was basically a no brainer and always the caretaker even when full time manager and Pardew was recommended by Llambias. The one appointment that was all Ashley was Shearer? At the moment he trusts Carr more than anyone so it's going to be someone he recommends in my opinion. Bear in mind he entrusts Carr with the entire player recruitment side of the club which is arguably the biggest area of operations.

I think this is a very good call.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ashley will want a manager who accepts how HE runs the club and one who doesn't ask questions or demands too much basically. That said I'm sure Ashley wouldn't be averse with someone who can play good football and have us a bit higher in the league. Do not underestimate how much Pardew actually influenced Ashley btw. All in all though, Ashley's plan is for NUFC to be ran at zero cost to him, with the aim to survive in the league and to make do with what is, making profits on player sales etc. while having a ground full. He has no ambition sportingly whatsoever.

Ashley will want a manager who accepts how HE runs the club and one who doesn't ask questions or demands too much basically. That said I'm sure Ashley wouldn't be averse with someone who can play good football and have us a bit higher in the league. Do not underestimate how much Pardew actually influenced Ashley btw. All in all though, Ashley's plan is for NUFC to be ran at zero cost to him, with the aim to survive in the league and to make do with what is, making profits on player sales etc. while having a ground full. He has no ambition sportingly whatsoever.

Ashley manager requirements:

Don't get relegated

don't get in europa league-could hurt league position and cost the club more money than its worth

be prepared to have your best player sold every window

don't expect him to be replaced properly

don't expect any input at all in the players being bought (or sold)

never criticise him or club policy and indeed praise both to the highest heavens

don't expect a respectable wage for the level your working at.

So who fills all that