Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Spurs' win percentage under him was decent, don't like him as a person though.

Did you miss the article that made us all realize how terrible a statistic the odious "win percentage" is? Check Pardew's and you'll drop it like a piece of turd.

Spurs' win percentage under him was decent, don't like him as a person though.

Did you miss the article that made us all realize how terrible a statistic the odious "win percentage" is? Check Pardew's and you'll drop it like a piece of turd.

Pardew's is 42% despite spending several seasons in lower league football. Sherwood's is 59% exclusively in the PL.

Whilst also being near par with Pardew in the misplaced arrogance stakes, I suspect Sherwood would be found wanting here massively due to the players we have. He did do well with Spurs though it's probably a sign that they didn't seem that arsed when he was removed for MP.

I also don't see him as much of a head coach since he didn't bother doing his badges until forced do despite being in football for an age.

Guest Gino14

The big difference for me is that Sherwood has started off his managerial career with a good amount of wins but a bad attitude. He has potential to do things in the game though if he learns from his experience. That's why he's sort after and interviewed for premier league jobs at the moment. He at the very least isn't a proven failure yet. Pardew is hated by fans of every club he has left. He always drags the level down and even if league finishes look okay, he's always below par and never what fans want from Football. It's a big problem in the English game that we have this merry go round of failure managers who keep getting jobs. Every club in the game would be better for ditching that and going for managers with potential that haven't yet been failures. Too many jobs for the boys and pats on the back going on. It's holding the devlopment of English Football back.

I'd take Sherwood until the end of the season if it meant we could get De Boer/Tuchel/Galtier in although I can't see why Sherwood would just accept a 6 month deal. Wouldn't want him here full time.

Just want to back up what 'summerof69' has alreay exressed on here: Galtier is indeed very close to Pardew in terms of football philosophy and tactics. A major difference though, Galtier is a genuine bloke. He's a calm, quiet man, loved by his player and they are willing to fight and surpass themselves for him. He can bring a lot of stability into a club, but he'll never achieve anything special.

If we after a french coach, I'd suggest Garde. It could be a real 'coup' in the same calibre as Wenger for Arsenal in 1996 and Garcia to Roma more recently.

Sounds good. How would you describe him tactically?

I'd take Sherwood until the end of the season if it meant we could get De Boer/Tuchel/Galtier in although I can't see why Sherwood would just accept a 6 month deal. Wouldn't want him here full time.

If Sherwood comes here and does well, he increases his stock. He needs more experience and why not earn some coin along the way.

I'd like him here if we have a deal for one of the three you mentioned agreed, but otherwise it's a bit pointless.

Just want to back up what 'summerof69' has alreay exressed on here: Galtier is indeed very close to Pardew in terms of football philosophy and tactics. A major difference though, Galtier is a genuine bloke. He's a calm, quiet man, loved by his player and they are willing to fight and surpass themselves for him. He can bring a lot of stability into a club, but he'll never achieve anything special.

If we after a french coach, I'd suggest Garde. It could be a real 'coup' in the same calibre as Wenger for Arsenal in 1996 and Garcia to Roma more recently.

Sounds good. How would you describe him tactically?

Garde sounds ideal - would be very happy with him.

I've watched a few Remi Garde interviews (in French) and he seems extemely well spoken and intelligent, charismatic even. I don't know much about his style of play unfortunately, but this guy would definitely be a breath of fresh air in that sence after having had to suffer Pardew for four years.

Also, in the press conference announcing his departure, his chairman (Aulas) seemed genuinely gutted that he had decided to leave the club despite numerous attempts to lure him into staying for at least another year.

Guest Gino14

He's available, shown to do a good job elsewhere and is well thought of. I'd be over the moon with Garde, the few things I listed already put him a million miles ahead of Pardew. We'd be very lucky to get him and we're insane not to if he wants the job. The reality is that knowing Newcastle we'll wait, mess about, all the candidates will get other jobs, we'll bemoan the time wasting and end up with some absolute bottom of the barrel dregs of management type.

Shortlist of 6 according to the Daily Star (I know)- Garde, Galtier, Clement, Favre, Labaddia, and Tuchel. Haven't heard Labaddia being mentioned before- anyone know anything about him other than usual Google pieces?

Shortlist of 6 according to the Daily Star (I know)- Garde, Galtier, Clement, Favre, Labaddia, and Tuchel. Haven't heard Labaddia being mentioned before- anyone know anything about him other than usual Google pieces?

Labaddia would be a disaster. Has been sacked at at least 3 clubs in Germany. He'll really stuggle to get another club in the Bundesliga after his fuck ups at Stuttgart and Hamburg.

Labaddia would be a disaster. Has been sacked at at least 3 clubs in Germany. He'll really stuggle to get another club in the Bundesliga after his fuck ups at Stuttgart and Hamburg.

What fuck ups out of interest?  That article above claims he took over Stuttgart when they were near to relegation and lead them up the league and into Europe.  Not that I put much weight in the Daily Star like :lol:  But wondering what the real story is?

Lucien Favre:

Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides.

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi, Steve von Bergen and Gökhan Inler made their debut with the Swiss national team before signing for foreign clubs. In 2007, FC Zürich became Swiss champions with an average age of twenty-one years and a half. He is also credited with raising the game of German starlet Marco Reus whose fine performances procured a call up to the German national team and a high-priced move to league champions Borussia Dortmund.

:fwap:

Can't see us getting him from Mönchengladbach though.

Guest VanBarduck

I'd say Garde is very attack minded coach. His main formation is 4-3-1-2, with a 'diamond' midfield, he loves the good old fashion number 10 (Grenier-Gourcuff in his time at Lyon), also plays with a 'regista' in front of the defence, a technical player who can start the build-up (Gonalons). One of the characteristics of his tactics is that fullbacks are massively involved in attacks and general play. They usually have the most touches per game and most of the assists of the season. He's also very good with youngsters, he acts as paternal figure but as proved to be very tough when needed. We all know Lyon academy his one the best in Europe, but he built a team with 6 or 7 players from the academy, apart from Ajax I've never seen such prowess, you gotta have some great management skills as well as authority, especially with the kids of nowadays.

Everyone agrees that Lyon's results this year have the print of Garde all over them, same formation, tactics and philosophy. 2nd in the league and 40 goals scored. Lacazette, Fekir, Tolisso, Ferri,Umtiti, Benzia, Grenier etc. are all players from the academy that have debuted under Garde.

I'd say Garde is very attack minded coach. His main formation is 4-3-1-2, with a 'diamond' midfield, he loves the good old fashion number 10 (Grenier-Gourcuff in his time at Lyon), also plays with a 'regista' in front of the defence, a technical player who can start the build-up (Gonalons). One of the characteristics of his tactics is that fullbacks are massively involved in attacks and general play. They usually have the most touches per game and most of the assists of the season. He's also very good with youngsters, he acts as paternal figure but as proved to be very tough when needed. We all know Lyon academy his one the best in Europe, but he built a team with 6 or 7 players from the academy, apart from Ajax I've never seen such prowess, you gotta have some great management skills as well as authority, especially with the kids of nowadays.

Everyone agrees that Lyon's results this year have the print of Garde all over them, same formation, tactics and philosophy. 2nd in the league and 40 goals scored. Lacazette, Fekir, Tolisso, Ferri,Umtiti, Benzia, Grenier etc. are all players from the academy that have debuted under Garde.

I'm sold.

Given what I have read about the candidates and the times I have seen their teams play I'd say Garde seems the best fit for us right now. I like Tuchel and De Boer as well but if Garde is available now and wants the job I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be appointing him pretty fucking quickly.