Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I'd say Garde is very attack minded coach. His main formation is 4-3-1-2, with a 'diamond' midfield, he loves the good old fashion number 10 (Grenier-Gourcuff in his time at Lyon), also plays with a 'regista' in front of the defence, a technical player who can start the build-up (Gonalons). One of the characteristics of his tactics is that fullbacks are massively involved in attacks and general play. They usually have the most touches per game and most of the assists of the season. He's also very good with youngsters, he acts as paternal figure but as proved to be very tough when needed. We all know Lyon academy his one the best in Europe, but he built a team with 6 or 7 players from the academy, apart from Ajax I've never seen such prowess, you gotta have some great management skills as well as authority, especially with the kids of nowadays.

Everyone agrees that Lyon's results this year have the print of Garde all over them, same formation, tactics and philosophy. 2nd in the league and 40 goals scored. Lacazette, Fekir, Tolisso, Ferri,Umtiti, Benzia, Grenier etc. are all players from the academy that have debuted under Garde.

Fuck, that sounds  :fwap:

I'd say Garde is very attack minded coach. His main formation is 4-3-1-2, with a 'diamond' midfield, he loves the good old fashion number 10 (Grenier-Gourcuff in his time at Lyon), also plays with a 'regista' in front of the defence, a technical player who can start the build-up (Gonalons). One of the characteristics of his tactics is that fullbacks are massively involved in attacks and general play. They usually have the most touches per game and most of the assists of the season. He's also very good with youngsters, he acts as paternal figure but as proved to be very tough when needed. We all know Lyon academy his one the best in Europe, but he built a team with 6 or 7 players from the academy, apart from Ajax I've never seen such prowess, you gotta have some great management skills as well as authority, especially with the kids of nowadays.

Everyone agrees that Lyon's results this year have the print of Garde all over them, same formation, tactics and philosophy. 2nd in the league and 40 goals scored. Lacazette, Fekir, Tolisso, Ferri,Umtiti, Benzia, Grenier etc. are all players from the academy that have debuted under Garde.

:sweetjesus: we better get this guy. Stick Abeid as the regista,  Santon/Janmaat can play attacking full backs, Siem as the Number 10

Cabella and Aarons on the wings, Cissé and Perez up front :megusta:

Krul

Janmaat  Colo  Dummett  Santon

Abeid

Sissoko                  Cabella

De Jong

Perez      Cisse

:megusta:

:sweetjesus: we better get this guy. Stick Abeid as the regista,  Santon/Janmaat can play attacking full backs, Siem as the Number 10

Nah, Pards for me like.

http://i.imgur.com/nyYY4hP.gif

Shortlist of 6 according to the Daily Star (I know)- Garde, Galtier, Clement, Favre, Labaddia, and Tuchel. Haven't heard Labaddia being mentioned before- anyone know anything about him other than usual Google pieces?

Labaddia would be a disaster. Has been sacked at at least 3 clubs in Germany. He'll really stuggle to get another club in the Bundesliga after his f*** ups at Stuttgart and Hamburg.

What f*** ups out of interest?  That article above claims he took over Stuttgart when they were near to relegation and lead them up the league and into Europe.  Not that I put much weight in the Daily Star like :lol:  But wondering what the real story is?

From what I've heard he is a very good motivator but is quite lacking in the coaching department. He has always had initial success with teams but then things have unraveled very quickly and he's never been able to arrest the slide, let alone turn things around.  From what I recall it was like that at Leverkusen, Stuttgart and Hamburg. He also regularly fell out with his superiors (Bobic at Stuttgart) and ended up being very unpopular with a lot of the players. 

Guest VanBarduck

Plus knockout cup competition matters to him, we won the french FA cup and was 2 times finalist of the League Cup... in the space of 3 years.

That'll be a change for us  :lol:

Krul

Abeid

De Jong

Perez      Cisse

Pards sure had it tough like

I suspect that he'd like the side we got relegated with in 2008 better. Shit as far as the eye can see.

I'm still a bit concerned about Garde tbh. I guess I need more education on him.:

Why did he leave Lyon ?

Why has he not been re-employed since ?

Was his record at Lyon good considering the size of that club in the French league and the players he had available ?

Have Lyon progressed since he left ?

How come Lacazette has been so good since he left (what was restricting him under Garde) ?

His CV looks extremely light, is he just a Lyon ex pro, who they kept around the club for a feel good factor (ala Peter Beardsley for us) ?

Wow ... talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

It's just a bunch of questions, because I don't really know a lot about the guy. So far you are the only response to them.

I'm still a bit concerned about Garde tbh. I guess I need more education on him.:

Why did he leave Lyon ?

Why has he not been re-employed since ?

Was his record at Lyon good considering the size of that club in the French league and the players he had available ?

Have Lyon progressed since he left ?

How come Lacazette has been so good since he left (what was restricting him under Garde) ?

His CV looks extremely light, is he just a Lyon ex pro, who they kept around the club for a feel good factor (ala Peter Beardsley for us) ?

Wow ... talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

It's just a bunch of questions, because I don't really know a lot about the guy. So far you are the only response to them.

Look at Barpunk's post mate.

Plus knockout cup competition matters to him, we won the french FA cup and was 2 times finalist of the League Cup... in the space of 3 years.

That'll be a change for us  :lol:

With our current squad plus what you know about Garde what's your 11?

Shortlist of 6 according to the Daily Star (I know)- Garde, Galtier, Clement, Favre, Labaddia, and Tuchel. Haven't heard Labaddia being mentioned before- anyone know anything about him other than usual Google pieces?

Labaddia would be a disaster. Has been sacked at at least 3 clubs in Germany. He'll really stuggle to get another club in the Bundesliga after his f*** ups at Stuttgart and Hamburg.

Sacked at 3 clubs..? Sounds like Ashley's ideal candidate to replace Pardew.....remind me, what was Pardew's history at 3 other clubs....

Krul

Abeid

De Jong

Perez      Cisse

Pards sure had it tough like

He was a tablespoon in a land of forks.

http://i.imgur.com/nyYY4hP.gif

:lol:

Love it.

Remi Garde in talks with Newcastle

GFFN can confirm that Newcastle have initiated discussions with Remi Garde for the vacant managerial position at the club.

Garde is believed to have been contacted last week and discussions have already been ongoing for the last two days.

Remi Garde is interested in the possibility of taking up the job, but there remains a chance, out of his control, that Newcastle decide to go with another candidate.

These reports are now supported by L’Équipe and Le Parisien.