Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

But Moyes does have a track record of working within a budget and getting good fees for players.

I'm undecided on Moyes, I was in Liverpool for a lot of his time at Everton and the fans loved him. I thought he was a man who could get a tune out of disinterested players for a while but lacked consistency (this was 2000 through 2005). He changed my mind towards the end of his time there.

Before Smc I could see it working, now I think he might suffer the same and not be a big enough personality to turn the players around. Overall though I think I'd be willing to give it a chance and he would keep us up. Not a very inspiring choice though

That's why Moyes might be perfect for him if Ashley will bend the system a little, he doesn't want inspiring he wants Evertons later Moyes - top half on a shoestring with no complications so he can keep dredging in the cash and advertising his shop.

Douglas reckons they may move for moyes and he'd be interested to talk to us.

If there's any truth in this, it's thoroughly depressing if respected managers like Moyes (and McClaren to be fair to him as well) are still interested in talking to NUFC when every man and his dog know how we operate and treat people.

Guest antz1uk

The players don't seem to have any respect for mcClaren, he is just a coach and not in overall control, if a player wants to leave or wants a new contract then they won't go to him. His job at Newcastle is to coach the assets to get the best possible price, the players know this and have zero respect for him or the club.

We need a manager at Newcastle not mcClaren, however I still think it's too late because the rot has set in and Ashley's poor management of the club will result in him missing out on the biggest ever tv deal next season and for some strange reason that makes me quite happy

That appointment seems strange for Swansea, Moyes does not fit into their recent blueprint at all.

It's like the Allardyce appointment at sunderland. Priorities change when you are facing the drop. Right Swansea are looking for a manager who will keep them up and Moyes might play boring football but he knows how to build a solid side without a lot of money.

Douglas reckons they may move for moyes and he'd be interested to talk to us.

If there's any truth in this, it's thoroughly depressing if respected managers like Moyes (and McClaren to be fair to him as well) are still interested in talking to NUFC when every man and his dog know how we operate and treat people.

The thing is they will meet with the board and will probably be promised things and managers always think that once they have their foot inside the door, they will be able to make things happen.  However, they don't realise that our lot lie through their teeth and they will not be allowed to do anything but coach the team. 

I think McClaren has already found that out - he started off being hopeful of changing things but is hitting brick wall and there have been reports that Ashley is not impressed by the demands to buy certain types of players in January.  Ultimately, it is all down to what Ashley wants and the remit will only be changed if he is willing to change it.  Even then, they might relent a little to try and stave off relegation but if they survive, you can see them then going back to the blueprint and the cycle starts all over again.

Charnley " right lads I'd like to start this board meeting with the first thing on the agenda, how can we get rid of the head coach for as least money as possible and who is the cheapest replacement ? "

McClaren " eh !! "

Looks like not getting Remi Garde may be a good thing, he's shown nothing so far that he's going to be able to keep Villa up.

He hasn't given the players belief or confidence, they don't look organised and they are not scoring either.

As it stands now (up to HT today)

P 5

W 0

D 2 (Man City & Southampton)

L 3 (Everton, Watford & Arsenal)

Scored: 3

Conceded: 11

Points 2

Looks like not getting Remi Garde may be a good thing, he's shown nothing so far that he's going to be able to keep Villa up.

He hasn't given the players belief or confidence, they don't look organised and they are not scoring either.

As it stands now (up to HT today)

P 5

W 0

D 2 (Man City & Southampton)

L 3 (Everton, Watford & Arsenal)

Scored: 3

Conceded: 11

Points 2

Have you seen their squad? Don't think anyone would keep then up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...