Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

the more i think about it, the more it has to be moyes.

would suit both parties perfectly.

:lol:

Gerraway man.

Eh?

In what way would working for Mike Ashley suit David Moyes perfectly? He'd have to have completely lost his marbles to even consider it.

To be fair, anyone would have to have lost their marbles to even consider it, so where do we go? Who do we hope for?

Gerraway man.

Eh?

In what way would working for Mike Ashley suit David Moyes perfectly? He'd have to have completely lost his marbles to even consider it.

To be fair, anyone would have to have lost their marbles to even consider it, so where do we go? Who do we hope for?

Someone who has no marbles? I don't know, is this a trick question?

Gerraway man.

Eh?

Someone who has no marbles? I don't know, is this a trick question?

There isn't anyone to 'hope' for. Anyone who takes the job will take it because they have no choice, because their reputation is so damaged that nobody else will touch them, like the mug we've got now and the one before him. The club is fucked until Ashley departs. No point dancing around that.

Alan Curbishley is unemployed and recently expressed an interest in getting back into management.

I thought the point of the thread was who would you realistically go for.

Moyes for me.

Who they'll go for is anyone's guess, obviously, but we've got to hope, haven't we?

There isn't anyone to 'hope' for. Anyone who takes the job will take it because they have no choice, because their reputation is so damaged that nobody else will touch them, like the mug we've got now and the one before him. The club is f***ed until Ashley departs. No point dancing around that.

I don't disagree tbh, but you've changed your tune since the summer (unless I've got a different poster). Wasn't it you who said you don't buy the 'we couldn't attract them' stuff?

The club had an opportunity when Pardew buggered off to Palace to show that, actually, their ambitions went beyond deliberate mediocrity. Everything that's happened since then, particularly pursuing a proven failure for the manager's job, has proved beyond doubt that there are no ambitions beyond that. It's a policy that absolutely will not change, and yeah, I've completely given up on hoping for anything. The malaise at the club is deep rooted and everyone in football knows it. Anyone who isn't damaged (i.e. completely ruined) goods would have to be mind-bogglingly stupid to even talk to us, which is just as well really as that's exactly the people we go for.

That appointment seems strange for Swansea, Moyes does not fit into their recent blueprint at all.

It would seem like Howe would be a good fit for them but maybe they want an unemployed manager rather than spending money

There isn't anyone to 'hope' for. Anyone who takes the job will take it because they have no choice, because their reputation is so damaged that nobody else will touch them, like the mug we've got now and the one before him. The club is f***ed until Ashley departs. No point dancing around that.

I don't disagree tbh, but you've changed your tune since the summer (unless I've got a different poster). Wasn't it you who said you don't buy the 'we couldn't attract them' stuff?

The club had an opportunity when Pardew buggered off to Palace to show that, actually, their ambitions went beyond deliberate mediocrity. Everything that's happened since then, particularly pursuing a proven failure for the manager's job, has proved beyond doubt that there are no ambitions beyond that. It's a policy that absolutely will not change, and yeah, I've completely given up on hoping for anything. The malaise at the club is deep rooted and everyone in football knows it. Anyone who isn't damaged (i.e. completely ruined) goods would have to be mind-bogglingly stupid to even talk to us, which is just as well really as that's exactly the people we go for.

Fair points.  O0

The concept of literally everyone turning the job down would give me hope, funnily enough. The club as it is doesn't deserve a good manager. But as we've seen there will always be some mug willing to believe they can turn things around. The only experienced manager that had enough principles to tell them to actually go and fuck themselves still gets slagged off as a quitter, even by our own fans embarrassingly.

That appointment seems strange for Swansea, Moyes does not fit into their recent blueprint at all.

That's what I thought mind.

its not like Everton didn't play good football under moyes

True enough I guess yeah

But they have developed a specific style of playing and their stated policy is to recruit managers who fit that system rather than bringing in a manager with a different style.  And Moyes definitely does not set up his teams in the Swansea way.  But maybe they think that has run its course and want to shake things up.

True enough I guess yeah

But they have developed a specific style of playing and their stated policy is to recruit managers who fit that system rather than bringing in a manager with a different style.  And Moyes definitely does not set up his teams in the Swansea way.  But maybe they think that has run its course and want to shake things up.

Yeah that's what everyone is saying really. He doesn't feel like he fits with their recent managerial recruits at all but maybe they're fancying him to take them up a level and try to establish themselves as a top 8 team.

Ironically he's likely to be our only hope of not getting someone utterly shit and unsuited to the club when McClaren is finally binned.

True enough I guess yeah

Yeah that's what everyone is saying really. He doesn't feel like he fits with their recent managerial recruits at all but maybe they're fancying him to take them up a level and try to establish themselves as a top 8 team.

Ironically he's likely to be our only hope of not getting someone utterly s*** and unsuited to the club when McClaren is finally binned.

I think the club would try for him but I am not sure if he would be interested.  He would want guarantees and he would be unlikely to get them and I can't see him putting up with the current working conditions Ashley insists upon.

True enough I guess yeah

Ironically he's likely to be our only hope of not getting someone utterly s*** and unsuited to the club when McClaren is finally binned.

I think the club would try for him but I am not sure if he would be interested.  He would want guarantees and he would be unlikely to get them and I can't see him putting up with the current working conditions Ashley insists upon.

Kind of what I mean as well. Assuming Ashley still covets him as manager he might be a strong enough character to make the twat agree to run the place like a fucking football club again. But I doubt it. There's certainly not much likelihood of Ashley ceding that kind of authority to anyone else without his proven record of working within budgets and selling players at a massive profit.

But Moyes does have a track record of working within a budget and getting good fees for players.

I'm undecided on Moyes, I was in Liverpool for a lot of his time at Everton and the fans loved him. I thought he was a man who could get a tune out of disinterested players for a while but lacked consistency (this was 2000 through 2005). He changed my mind towards the end of his time there.

Before Smc I could see it working, now I think he might suffer the same and not be a big enough personality to turn the players around. Overall though I think I'd be willing to give it a chance and he would keep us up. Not a very inspiring choice though

The players don't seem to have any respect for mcClaren, he is just a coach and not in overall control, if a player wants to leave or wants a new contract then they won't go to him. His job at Newcastle is to coach the assets to get the best possible price, the players know this and have zero respect for him or the club.

We need a manager at Newcastle not mcClaren, however I still think it's too late because the rot has set in and Ashley's poor management of the club will result in him missing out on the biggest ever tv deal next season and for some strange reason that makes me quite happy