Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I'd happily take any of Benitez, Moyes or Rodgers. Benitez we've got no chance, Moyes would build long term and might be best for stability.

However, I've a feeling that Rodgers might just be the right fit for us. He plays an attacking style and tries to keep the ball. He has said he's taking a break until the new season, but he might be tempted if we threw money at him - he might also think that a large club with gates around 50,000 and money in the bank might be a great place to get his career back on track.

With Charnley there we'll get Nigel Pearson.

Think there are a lot of good options there, not sure who would be best in the short term though, which is what we need. Keegan would be great, but that obviousely isn't happening

Agree with that. That's why I'm thinking Rodgers as we're certainly not going to defend our way to safety. We need to keep the ball, frustrate the opposition and use our midfield to create enough chances that we might just take one or two.

There's a half decent side in that squad which should have at least 30 points by now. Why we never signed Huth when he went to Leicester is beyond me though. I was so pissed off at the time. £3 million :(

I'd happily take any of Benitez, Moyes or Rodgers. Benitez we've got no chance, Moyes would build long term and might be best for stability.

However, I've a feeling that Rodgers might just be the right fit for us. He plays an attacking style and tries to keep the ball. He has said he's taking a break until the new season, but he might be tempted if we threw money at him - he might also think that a large club with gates around 50,000 and money in the bank might be a great place to get his career back on track.

Problem is we don't have Rodgers style players and I can't see us overhauling the squad to suite.

Charnley needs to get his head out of the sand quick.

Wasn't there a 10 page discussion just the other day about players moving to China purely for money?  Managers are absolutely no different.  Offer a good manager enough and he will come.

History suggests that isn't the way we roll.

I dunno, I imagine he'd want to bring in Shakespeare and Walsh which would probably cost a fortune. Like someone else mentioned, more like Tim Sherwood.

Pearson is rather average at Premier League level (though I think his strengths are the right ones for the job) but if you got Walsh then I think it could be a much better option than some bigger names - if anyone's going to be able to say to Ashley "give me control of transfers and you'll get so much resale value you'll rub your dick raw every time you turn on Sky Sports News" and get listened to, it's him.

Wonder how often you even get to speak to Ashley at any meaningful length as head coach, imagine you're mainly sending messages through Charnley. Doubt he'd listen to pretty much anyone telling him he's doing anything in anyway wrong anyway tbh

Guest reefatoon

Why the f*** am I in the poll?

Maybe because it would be a change to have a savy woman in charge. Now go wash your face, it stinks.

Guest antz1uk

Just watched Warburton in an interview and he would be worth a punt, of course he left his previous job because of interference from above