Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Yes Inochi, it was the Keegan debacle which led to the situation where the board are very careful to appoint people they can work with now. Let's not try and muddle things for the sake of it, that just proves my point.

Yes Inochi, it was the Keegan debacle which led to the situation where the board are very careful to appoint people they can work with now. Let's not try and muddle things for the sake of it, that just proves my point.

Well said.

Guest palnese

I can't think of many realistic options from the current PL managers. Martinez is the one that sticks out, but given his recent comments (He only said what most managers would say tbh), the fact that he turned down Villa and Liverpool, and the whole Ashley/Whelan thing, I very much doubt it.

at West Ham he certainly tried to play football in the "west ham way" can't say I've seen a lot of Watford this season but can't imagine he'd suddenly turn into a Pulis clone in the meantime

:lol:

cheers, just wondered about zola like as noone seems to have mentioned him

Of course, there is also hypothetical option C where we sack Pardew, appoint someone equally or more clueless but who also doesn't have the advantage of being liked by the squad and able to work with the board. Then everything starts to unravel even quicker.

The board will only appoint someone they can work with so that scenario's a false one. As for the players liking pardew, I think a lot of them would far rather have a manager who makes best use of their talent.

I get your point, but it's very possible they will also misjudge the appointment, and/or their approach will limit the choice of managers. I admit this isn't as much of a problem as it was during the worst days of Ashley.

I can't think of many realistic options from the current PL managers. Martinez is the one that sticks out, but given his recent comments (He only said what most managers would say tbh), the fact that he turned down Villa and Liverpool, and the whole Ashley/Whelan thing, I very much doubt it.

I still also find it hard to picture Ashley not only paying whatever the compo for Pardew (if he goes) is but also paying compensation for someone in a job, hence I think the only realistic options are unemployed managers.

i know it's controversial, but how about Redknapp?

How about we stop posting things that make me physically sick?

:lol: Was thinking the same. I absolutely detest Redknapp and it's not like he's done a splendid job with QPR.

Of course, there is also hypothetical option C where we sack Pardew, appoint someone equally or more clueless but who also doesn't have the advantage of being liked by the squad and able to work with the board. Then everything starts to unravel even quicker.

The board will only appoint someone they can work with so that scenario's a false one. As for the players liking pardew, I think a lot of them would far rather have a manager who makes best use of their talent.

I get your point, but it's very possible they will also misjudge the appointment, and/or their approach will limit the choice of managers. I admit this isn't as much of a problem as it was during the worst days of Ashley.

the approach won't be a problem really, the era where the manager is the absolute dictator of all things in the club is practically dead with Ferige and Wenger about the only real examples left (and I have serious doubts about Wenger still having that kind of power)

Even if it he wasn't a massive twat i have huge reservations on him working under the transfer policy we currently have.

his approach vs Levy's approach (similar enough to ours) is what got him the sack at Spurs more than actual performance 

Droopy Face seems a bit past it IMO.

Aye, not the way going forward besides the very obvious reasons. Much prefer a young upcoming manager able to implement his ideas and a long-term future.

Guest icemanblue

So, from then on they subsequently went on to appoint Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, caretaker Chris Hughton (turned out alreet) and, your favourite, Alan Pardew. :lol:

A young European coach, who plays entertaining football and doesn't want to set the world alight with huge transfers. There must be a dozen 'unknown's' begging for a stab at the BPL, without wanting silly wages.

Sure, it's a gamble taking a chance on a manager with no Premier League experience, but it can't get much worse than watching us now.

Time will tell tbh, if they sack Pardew and replace him with another safety first manager then yes but as of right now we can't really say whether they won't make another Keegan like appointment again.

Guest neesy111

How about we stop posting things that make me physically sick?

So, from then on they subsequently went on to appoint Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, caretaker Chris Hughton (turned out alreet) and, your favourite, Alan Pardew. :lol:

So what have we got to lose then, as by definition Pardew himself is a yes-man appointment? It's hardly like we'd be getting rid of a top rated manager.