Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Pulis who was sacked from Stoke (Stoke!) purely and simply because the football was so bad would be your choice?

Depends what you mean by 'choice'. Would I pick him in an ideal world? Would I fuck, but i'd take him ahead of others from the pool we're likely to pick from. I also think we need someone who's going to keep us up, and I think he would.

I just don't understand why anybody thinks that's the pool we'd pick from. Pardew was selected purely and simply because he has no spine and will do anything to please Mike. It's fuck all to do with his nationality.

Tony Pulis, who resigned from Palace in a row over transfers, who sued Gillingham after being sacked, who was sacked by Stoke first time round after a big row with the chairman? Apart from Kevin Keegan, there's literally nobody less likely in world football to be offered the job, and nobody less likely to accept it.

Mental how many people went for Nigel Adkins at the beginning of this btw.

I know!

Rosler gets a canny few mentions later on in the thread too.

I was pushing martin Jol, hmm.

Think I was Rosler in the second wave of options like.

Either way, how low our standards have fallen. Thanks Mike.

Pulis who was sacked from Stoke (Stoke!) purely and simply because the football was so bad would be your choice?

Depends what you mean by 'choice'. Would I pick him in an ideal world? Would I f***, but i'd take him ahead of others from the pool we're likely to pick from. I also think we need someone who's going to keep us up, and I think he would.

I just don't understand why anybody thinks that's the pool we'd pick from. Pardew was selected purely and simply because he has no spine and will do anything to please Mike. It's f*** all to do with his nationality.

Tony Pulis, who resigned from Palace in a row over transfers, who sued Gillingham after being sacked, who was sacked by Stoke first time round after a big row with the chairman? Apart from Kevin Keegan, there's literally nobody less likely in world football to be offered the job, and nobody less likely to accept it.

well, when you put it like that..... :lol:

well we havent appointed foreign under ashley yet, what thinks we will now?

Depends what you mean by 'choice'. Would I pick him in an ideal world? Would I f***, but i'd take him ahead of others from the pool we're likely to pick from. I also think we need someone who's going to keep us up, and I think he would.

I just don't understand why anybody thinks that's the pool we'd pick from. Pardew was selected purely and simply because he has no spine and will do anything to please Mike. It's f*** all to do with his nationality.

He may look at the transfer policy and think foreign managers will be cheaper too.

We weren't buying solely from the continent back when Pardew was appointed either. There's been a big chance in policy since then.

If Graham Carr has as much say as he's supposed to, I could very much see us looking to Europe - managers more used to these types of players, used to having their players bought and sold for them, used to bigger clubs pinching their players. Frank de Boer actually ticks every box as far as that goes, Ajax are one of the biggest selling clubs in Europe.

Guest Gino14

In an ideal world we must absolutely have a foreign coach who knows how to play good passing and pressing football.  It's what we have the players for and it's what the system of the club demands.  A British manager is never going to settle into a system where a director and scout choose the players.  It'll always give them, like it has with Pardew, a perfect excuse when things go wrong.  Football coaches from abroad know the system and demands.  They know that the job is to get the best out of what you've given and build a system of play.  They're in effect more of a manager than any British manager actually is.  British managers in their traditional role are more club controllers, with the be all and end all say below the chairman.  That just won't work here.  Koeman would have been perfect for our system, as would someone like Pochettino.  We need to get a system in place like Southampton and Swansea where every manager fits the footballing philosophy going forward.  You never want to be in a position where one person completely controls the fate of the club.  That should go for managers and players.  Look at Pardew and how reliant he was on Cabaye and Remy, he's a joke.  Koeman has lost Lallana, Lambert and Shaw, but he's got some replacements and he's got them working to his system, which is similar to Pochettino's.  The club is run well from top to bottom, hence the great academy as well.  Newcastle is your typical  British old boys network, with badly qualified but friends of friends in each position.  We try and buy our way round it, but eventually it shows.  Our setup is just rotten and it needs a complete rework.

Think a few people have this the wrong way around tbh.

You get a good manager with the kind of judgement you trust.

Then you get the scout to look for players in the mould that the manager wants.

Not, have a scout you're fond of, let him choose the kind of players he likes, try and find a manager who likes similar players.

Manager >>>>>>> Scout by a ridiculous margin every day of the week!

Only a club run by total f**king morons puts this ever-so-obvious hierarchy on it's head.

Guest antz1uk

De Boer would be awesome, i'd happily accept Moyes though, why did all the Boro fans hate McLaren so much? genuine question

Guest antz1uk

Well other than that, he did win them their only cup, at least they didn't have to put up with hi for 4 years like we have with this cunt

We weren't buying solely from the continent back when Pardew was appointed either. There's been a big chance in policy since then.

If Graham Carr has as much say as he's supposed to, I could very much see us looking to Europe - managers more used to these types of players, used to having their players bought and sold for them, used to bigger clubs pinching their players. Frank de Boer actually ticks every box as far as that goes, Ajax are one of the biggest selling clubs in Europe.

theres got to be a salary issue as far as de boer is concerned though, surely?

theres got to be a salary issue as far as de boer is concerned though, surely?

Difficult to say, though I can't imagine an Eredivisie salary is that high, even for the biggest club.

It's weird the wages issue like, can't really get my head round his thinking. It's not as simple as "he wants cheap" because all the players are on far more anyway. All to do with trying to balance a long contract against a big pay off.

Frank de Boer would never risk his career coming here man. :lol:

If the alternative is that league I'm sure he would, like.

I'm pretty certain he's satisfied at being the Ajax manager.

Like Siem de Jong and Vurnon Anita were satisfied there?

Yeah, don't be daft.

:lol: Club legend managing his boyhood club who are the biggest team in their league and a mainstay in the CL. Once he decides to move on there is a pretty big list of teams ahead of us considering his reputation and contacts in football.

But yeah, I'm the daft one here. He would jump at the chance if Mike gives him the call.

I'm not saying he'd jump. But let's be honest, he'd trade that nonsense for the PL in a second if someone pays him enough. Unlikely to be us, fair play, but I don't think the 'risk' factor would deter him one bit.

I don't think the risk is a big factor either, he's too big name to be forgotten after one failure. From what I've understood Ajax as a club is like a family and he wouldn't change that to a mid-table Premier League club. Obviously I could be wrong.