Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Hoddle might not be that bad TBF. Lennon is an unknown quantity. Neither are hugely inspiring choices.

Saw Steve McLaren is tipped to be on the short list by the daily fail. Can't see him being a success here.

I think whomever comes in next has to be charasmatic as much as likeable. Club badly needs some passion and charisma to help pr with the fans.

Obviously performance and tactics on the pitch will be the ultimate decider but it will be hard work for anyone incoming it they don't have the personality or likeability to get fans back onside. The rift is wide

Hoddle might not be that bad TBF. Lennon is an unknown quantity. Neither are hugely inspiring choices.

Saw Steve McLaren is tipped to be on the short list by the daily fail. Can't see him being a success here.

I think whomever comes in next has to be charasmatic as much as likeable. Club badly needs some passion and charisma to help pr with the fans.

Obviously performance and tactics on the pitch will be the ultimate decider but it will be hard work for anyone incoming it they don't have the personality or likeability to get fans back onside. The rift is wide

http://replygif.net/i/310.gif

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/7107/the-insider/2014/10/05/5157429/the-insider-manchester-city-to-announce-50m-sponsorship?ICID=OP

Graeme Bailey

Despite Newcastle owner Mike Ashley opting not to sack Alan Pardew, it is understood that a list of potential replacements is being worked on.

One shock name being considered is Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe, whose reputation has soared after turning the south coast minnows into Championship challengers.

Howe, one of English football’s most highly regarded young managers, had an underwhelming spell at Burnley before returning to Goldsands Stadium in 2012 and overseeing promotion to the second tier.

Former Manchester United boss David Moyes is also in the frame, although it remains doubtful that the club would look to Hull City's Geordie boss Steve Bruce - who was strongly linked with the club last week.

someone is reading this forum would be delighted with Howe

Probably Graeme Bailey.

Guest neesy111

Howe would get a big :thup: from myself.

I was going to ask 'How?', but what is it about him?

Done a brilliant job at Bournemouth and his teams play really good football.

There is a trigger going to be pulled on Alan Pardew, just hope its sooner than later.

What kind of manager is Howe? Tactics/Playing style?

From what I've seen of Bournemouth, not a lot admittedly. His team plays good football. Ball on the floor. They also seem to have plenty of width.

That said I think at this point your lot would be too big for him.

If we are going to go for an English manager I hope it is one that plays the game the right way, ie pass and move, plenty of attacking football. Howe sounds promising, but I really don't know anything about him other than what's been said here. Tuchel is the one a club of our stature should be going for though.

I mean the likes of Howe are the ones that should be getting a shot at better clubs, rather than these relics like Pardew, Warnock and Allardyce. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I mean the likes of Howe are the ones that should be getting a shot at better clubs, rather than these relics like Pardew, Warnock and Allardyce. It's absolutely ridiculous.

It's amazing isn't it? Yet Pulis, and Warnock keep popping back up in the premier for some crazy reason.

Guest neesy111

Bet his wages are cheap though

Not a given, they've got a rich russian owner who's backed him well in the transfer market.

I despise Warnock but he seems to be doing alright.

West Ham have been excellent this season so far as well.

Pardew was sacked by a League One club. I'll agree in that instance. However he did manage to get yourselves to 5th. Luck?

Pardew was sacked by a League One club. I'll agree in that instance. However he did manage to get yourselves to 5th. Luck?

Let's not open that door

Fair enough :lol;

These guys are all so uninspiring though, and you know what you will get from them for the most part. It's all very functional, and very much based on survival. All steeped in doing things the old way too. These guys are very averse to change or trying anything new, and will tell you it's all rubbish. Sad thing is they would likely benefit if they expanded their horizons some.

Look at Allardyce! it took being threatened with the sack if he did not improve to finally getting him to do things a bit differently, and he's reaping the benefits now isn't he.

Don't believe that a list is being drawn up, Pardew is here to stay no doubt about it.

Remember a few weeks ago as well Bailey saying that he would be gone if we suffered a heavy defeat against Southampton...

Let's not open that door

Yes. Luck. Krul, Colo, Ba, Cabaye, HBA, Cisse and the 400 goal line saves of Danny Simpson over a span of 38 matches. All random goals, all random goal line saves, and all random moments of divine intervention.

Why I always say Ashley is f***ing idiotic. Take the core of that team, fix up the defense, add some more depth in the team to handle Europa League. And have someone employed at Board level who knows football, who will tell you that many of the results came off of fortunate bounces/calls or brilliant individual performances from the spine of the team. Add a manager who can get the best out of that core, galvanize the crowd, and finally add more depth and quality in the squad and you make a full-on assault on the top 4.  And maybe, just maybe we do make CL? Ashley is in the fucking money on a bet. Which he loves to do.  And SD.com is being touted all over the place in "good light" as he's this maverick Englshman with his passionate Newcastle side and he's a self made billionaire with a sports store empire.

Nope. Not with us. Never with us under Mike f***ing Ashley.

Why I always say Ashley is f***ing idiotic. Take the core of that team, fix up the defense, add some more depth in the team to handle Europa League. And have someone employed at Board level who knows football, who will tell you that many of the results came off of fortunate bounces/calls or brilliant individual performances from the spine of the team. Add a manager who can get the best out of that core, galvanize the crowd, and finally add more depth and quality in the squad and you make a full-on assault on the top 4.  And maybe, just maybe we do make CL? Ashley is in the fucking money on a bet. Which he loves to do.  And SD.com is being touted all over the place in "good light" as he's this maverick Englshman with his passionate Newcastle side and he's a self made billionaire with a sports store empire.

Nope. Not with us. Never with us under Mike f***ing Ashley.

Yep, pretty much any of us could give him one piece of paper with a bullet-point guide on how to be absolutely worshipped on Tyneside. It would be so easy for him to do more if he gave a shit.