Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Not my 1st choice but what about schteve mclaren. Doing a really good job at Derby with no money whatever.

Don't see what others see in him, and think he's a bit of a bellend, but a harmless one. Don't think there's a nasty bone in him therefore probably quite likeable if he's winning games. I just doubt his ability as a top division manager.

At this point I'd take him.

How bad is Pardew that we now consider Steve Mcclaren to be a sophisticated intelligent coach in comparison?

No thanks, at Boro he had a bad reputation for putting players out of position constantly. We have had enough of that here already.

I'd take any of De Boer, Laudrup, Howe and any other good realistic orunrealistic candidates. What I don't want is another crap past his best dinosaur manager. No more jobs for the boys rubbish please.

I'd take any of De Boer, Laudrup, Howe and any other good realistic orunrealistic candidates. What I don't want is another crap past his best dinosaur manager. No more jobs for the boys rubbish please.

Which is what we'd get...

Which is what we'd get...

So Terry Venables or Hoddle it is then.

Tim Sherwood is cheap and available. It would be the best Christmas period for years if we actually got someone decent in as well (not Sherwood).

Tim Sherwood is cheap and available. It would be the best Christmas period for years if we actually got someone decent in as well (not Sherwood).

If Sherwood would accept a short term contract to the end of the season maybe, but he's a big headed cunt so probably not.

Eddie Howe or a foreign manager would be best. At least if we go for someone British, let's go for someone with potential and talent and not some no talent dinosaur clogger who has failed at clubs up and down the country.

So here's my theory on Ashley....

He came into the club to enjoy it, become the best and make money for SD - that's what he does with everything. Things went sour after he stupidly stuck with wise over KK, but lets not forget that he did try to talk KK out of quitting and then the enjoyment went. relegation was also an eye opener and this, along with the City takeover, took away any chance of becoming the best.

So this left making money for SD as the last remaining objective, which would be achieved through (a) decent premier league finishes, (b) as much exposure to SD as possible and © maximising player sales. There have been a few changes to this format over the past few years - the Cisse signing was the last throw of ambition we've seen but I'm pretty sure that the lack of ambition in cups and hatred of Europe came from Pardew first and Ashley was happy to go along with it as it meant less outlay.

So.... if we get a manager like Sherwood who believes his own hype in how good he could be, or Laudrup who has won silverware in this country then I can see less resistance to cups and Europa League going forward. It could also mean that he'll listen to Carr and others around the club who want to take it forward and demonstrate how he can make more money that way and we'll go for a De Boer.

Or alternatively this is bollocks and its Beardsley, Gerry Francis or David O'Leary