Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this will be Frank de Boer's last season in charge of Ajax. He's achieved all he can there (4 league wins in a row) and the club hasn't really progressed in their Champions League endeavors (understandably, since they can't keep their best players once foreign clubs come sniffing), which was the target he set himself. Ajax are currently second, 4 points off PSV, and there is a sense that they've gone as far as they can. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that De Boer could be interested in a mid season move. Whether he would be interested in joining us is a different question altogether. On the one hand, we provide a foothold in a big competition, and are still seen as a fairly big club. On the other hand, our reputation in Holland is one of a graveyard club. For that reason, I would expect him to say thanks but no thanks and wait for a more appealing proposition.

UB would go absolutely tits.

Not really. His style at Ajax has been effective, but not very appealing to the eye. I think he is respected amongst Ajax fans for his achievements, but not really loved because he hasn't really been able to implement the typical Ajax system in his time there.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this will be Frank de Boer's last season in charge of Ajax. He's achieved all he can there (4 league wins in a row) and the club hasn't really progressed in their Champions League endeavors (understandably, since they can't keep their best players once foreign clubs come sniffing), which was the target he set himself. Ajax are currently second, 4 points off PSV, and there is a sense that they've gone as far as they can. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that De Boer could be interested in a mid season move. Whether he would be interested in joining us is a different question altogether. On the one hand, we provide a foothold in a big competition, and are still seen as a fairly big club. On the other hand, our reputation in Holland is one of a graveyard club. For that reason, I would expect him to say thanks but no thanks and wait for a more appealing proposition.

Would De Jong being there tempt him?

We've got a solid Dutch contingent man, right? The potential number 1 keeper, the right back, his former holding midfielder and his former captain.

Some FdB quotes from when he missed out on the Spurs job (my translation):

"I could be manager of another club if I have a good feeling about it and could really contribute to building something. So people could say: that is Frank de Boer's influence at plan. Tottenham is a good club with a lot of potential. There is a lot to be improved in terms of results and performances, likewise Newcastle United and Liverpool.

I am enjoying my time at Ajax and will have to think very carefully about my next move. I will always speak with and listen to a club and then will decide based on how I feel about it."

Hard to say. I guess it could be an advantage that he knows two players here (Anita and De Jong) very well already.

Just imagine the joy on little Vurn's face if De Boer did come in though. :aww:

Vurn, Janmaat, De Jong and Krul would all be fucking ecstatic tbh. Dutch legend leading the team.

:lol: It's too much hope, Kanji. Don't hope this much.

Hard to say. I guess it could be an advantage that he knows two players here (Anita and De Jong) very well already.

He's a name from the 90s, which is the only time Ashley ever watched football so he might have heard of him too :lol:

Vurn, Janmaat, De Jong and Krul would all be fucking ecstatic tbh. Dutch legend leading the team.

He's going to jump out of his office window when that ten-year extension comes through this afternoon.

He's going to jump out of his office window when that ten-year extension comes through this afternoon.

:lol: Kanji is good people, so I'm concerned. We still officially have fucking Pardew, so talking about De Boer is just... It's ages away! Kanji, be cool, man.

Vurn, Janmaat, De Jong and Krul would all be f***ing ecstatic tbh. Dutch legend leading the team.

:lol: Kanji is good people, so I'm concerned. We still officially have f***ing Pardew, so talking about De Boer is just... It's ages away! Kanji, be cool, man.

:lol: I'm good fellas. Appreciate the concern, Mike. I'm just trying to hold back any joy or excitement until 1) Confirmed Talks/Approach 2) Confirmed Gone 3) Confirmed he's not coming back :lol: and then I'll get excited.

I've already resigned that it could be anyone from Beardsley, Pulis, Sherwood to ?

Vurn, Janmaat, De Jong and Krul would all be f***ing ecstatic tbh. Dutch legend leading the team.

Oh and....anything is possible man.

http://cdn.sneakerreport.com/assets/2014/08/anythingispossibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif

http://cdn.sneakerreport.com/assets/2014/08/anythingispossibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif

:lol: You know it's real shit when I'm looking at the KG gif and feeling the moment.

:lol: You know it's real s*** when I'm looking at the KG gif and feeling the moment.

:lol: I guess that's for oldtype too. But naw man, don't worry. I've had this hope he'd be gone before, its the first time it actually looks like a possibility and sooner than later. Seriously I can't believe I was on the road yesterday and stayed away from the Everton match & N-O. Come home and watch the match, go on N-O and see the Pardew thread. :lol:

If de Boer came that would be unreal. Not sure he would come though, Vurnon probably wont give us a decent character reference  :lol:

If Ashley's looking for cheap and English/British then I'd love to see Howe here. Didn't work out for him completely at Burnley but his teams keep the ball and tend to score goals. He would have a pretty good squad to work with and a chance to add a couple in Jan.

Still though, I somehow think we'll be hearing the phrase 'over the line' from our favourite silver-haired twat for the next couple of windows