Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

@CaulkinTheTimes

#Nufc want Pardew's successor to be 'head coach' rather than manager - a tracksuit boss whose priority will be improving the players he has.

Surely they have to consult Carr then?

translation I'm going to sell Sissoko, Cisse and anyone else I can flog off and the idiot who takes this job is getting nothing to replace them so better hope he can turn somebody in the team world class

Caulkin reporting we're looking for a head coach rather than a manager. Hope to god that is true as it immediately rules out the likes of Bruce.

English head coaches I can think of in 10 seconds:

Hoddle.

I wouldn't kill myself over that one, but I'm hoping for better.

Caulkin reporting we're looking for a head coach rather than a manager. Hope to god that is true as it immediately rules out the likes of Bruce.

English head coaches I can think of in 10 seconds:

Hoddle.

McClaren > Hoddle ?

I think I'd sooner Carver than Bruce, actually. Bruce would just be a horrendously shit appointment we'd have to pay money for; at least if Carver was bombed out he was free and therefore we might pay smallish compo for the next manager who might be better.

It will be the cheapest one with the best release clause if this is true. Not sure it is though as Ashley does not like paying for managers or indeed anything.

I'd imagine Hull would be delighted if we paid them so they don't have to sack Doubtfire