Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Can't claim to seen much of Mainz over the last five years but reading up on this bloke he seems rather impressive. Would almost certainly go badly wrong as it's NUFC but at least it would be an interesting change. This geezer, McClaren or Howe please.

Guest Gino14

I'd love us to get someone like Tuchel and it would be a good appointment, which almost makes me immediately rule it out.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

If we got Tuchel, man. I'd die from dehydration.

This. He's not employed currently either. What a f***ing coup that would be.

I know nothing about him, why would it? What's so great about him?

A look at his league finishes with Mainz shows 9th, 5th, 13th, 13th, 7th, compared to Pardew's 5th, 16th & 10th in a better league. I know position isnt the whole story, but like I said it's all I have to work from

Also there's only 18 teams in the Bundesliga. So 13th doesn't sound too good for me.

A look at his league finishes with Mainz shows 9th, 5th, 13th, 13th, 7th, compared to Pardew's 5th, 16th & 10th in a better league. I know position isnt the whole story, but like I said it's all I have to work from

Also there's only 18 teams in the Bundesliga. So 13th doesn't sound too good for me.

Mainz have only been a part of the top 2 German leagues since the early 90's so they're not a big club.

Do you even know the size and resources of the club he managed? What even is this? :lol:

Mainz have only been a part of the top 2 German leagues since the early 90's so they're not a big club.

They're basically Wigan.

Klopp relegated Mainz and immediately became Dortmund manager. League placings aren't everything; Tuchel's the type who would clearly do well with our squad of internationals.

Mate of mine just text that Curtis Fleming is sitting at table near him in restaraunt in Newcastle.

Is he on Mclarens staff at Derby? Was his skipper at Boro iirc??

May well just be out with his bird (tasty blonde by all accounts). Does he have links with Newcastle?

Guest chopey

Apparently tuchel is on gardening leave at the moment.

managers love gardening these days, why don't we just cut out the middle man and hire Hugh fernly Witherspoon

Lets face it - Carver has the job - Ashley isn't going to pay for anyone.

The fact he seemed so willing to let Pardew go gives me hope, he could have just said no and saved any bother. I am prepared to be disappointed though.

The fact he seemed so willing to let Pardew go gives me hope, he could have just said no and saved any bother. I am prepared to be disappointed though.

Really that gives you hope? Does opposite for me

Get £4m for Pardew. Replace with Carver. £4m up and not having ur manager tied to an 8yr contract win win for Ashley. Get rid for good money and replace on the cheap, if we've learnt one thing that's what Ashley does. It'll be Carver all day long

Really that gives you hope? Does opposite for me

Get £4m for Pardew. Replace with Carver. £4m up and not having ur manager tied to an 8yr contract win win for Ashley. Get rid for good money and replace on the cheap, if we've learnt one thing that's what Ashley does. It'll be Carver all day long

It tells me he probably didn't rate Pardew anymore and wanted him gone, but he didn't want to pay the compensation.

Signs all point to Carver getting it, which would be a huge missed opportunity. Carver just looks too happy in interviews to have not been given the wink that he's got it. Hopefully it's just till the end of the season, but if he sneaks us in to the top 10 it's more of the same for a while me thinks.