Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Why did he leave Mainz? Did that ever come out?

Didn't think he could lift them any higher or something IIRC.

Also he's not taking a year off, he did not get out of his contract so he's still officially Mainz propert. Which sadly means they will need to be paid compensation if anyone wants Tuchel before the summer.

Guest zicomartin

Imagine...

Shapes the training pitch into a circle to stop long passes :sweetjesus:

Just been sitting here jerking off to videos of Thomas Tuchel leading training sessions. My false high expectations are so high I'm already feeling disappointment. :lol:

I understood a fair bit of that video, and I barely speak any German.

The Dutch guys certainly would 'get it', very quickly, Im sure.

Why did he leave Mainz? Did that ever come out?

Didn't think he could lift them any higher or something IIRC.

Also he's not taking a year off, he did not get out of his contract so he's still officially Mainz propert. Which sadly means they will need to be paid compensation if anyone wants Tuchel before the summer.

Oh right, tempering my expectations just in case anyway :lol:

Guest zicomartin

Yeah, speaking English would be a bonus, too. 

Didn't we just get 5 1/2 years worth of compo from Palace?  Just paying 6 months seems like a good deal (and we are not a direct rival).

If Ashley were to get in someone new surely they'd want to bring in their own staff - paying off the current staff would cost ££££ - Giving Carver the job however, problem solved.

I take it everyone's seen that bet someone stuck on Karanka? £1000 @10/1, slip is doing the rounds online. Probably a snide like but I hope it isn't.

He would have some interest imo. This is what he said in March -

Aitor Karanka has never forgotten his first trip to the north-east of England. It was October 1994 and he was making his full European debut for Athletic Bilbao in a Uefa Cup tie against Kevin Keegan's high-flying Newcastle United.

"I have great memories of that," he recalls with a smile. "Newcastle at the time were right up there. I was 21 and it's those games, at the start of your career, that leave a mark." It certainly did. "There was Peter Beardsley, Andy Cole, Lee Clark, [Philippe] Albert, [Darren] Peacock, [Pavel] Srnicek, the goalkeeper," he says, reeling off that Newcastle team. "After 70 minutes we were losing 3-0 and suddenly we got back to 3-2. The second leg at San Mames was a fiesta – we won 1-0."

Guest Geordiesned

Who's this Jonathan Hope fella? Got over 80,000 followers on Twitter.

@Jonhopeofficial: I've just heard who is getting the #NUFC job. I'd love to say but can't because of legalities in regards to betting. Gonna be a shock tho RT

@Jonhopeofficial: It's common knowledge I know Mike Ashley and have several #NUFC Players. I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I know who is getting job! Shock

@Jonhopeofficial: I personally think bad! But Newcastle fans know best. I don't think good appointment but #NUFC Fans are amazing. Deserve better! That's imo

@Jonhopeofficial: I don't think it's a good decision for the club but I've heard tonight from the main man! Unless he's lying (which he never has b4) #NUFC

@Jonhopeofficial: Before people start giving me abuse I'll reveal before the press and #NUFC fans can check my validity with any #WBA or #MUFC Fans. I know RT

@Jonhopeofficial: Just because Ashley has made a decision on the next manager doesn't mean that I have to say he's a good choice. Personally I think bad #NUFC

@Jonhopeofficial: I don't and do not condone betting. Ally McCoist has been relieved of his duties at Rangers. Still being paid. Cheap option! Just saying

@Jonhopeofficial: I promise #NUFC Fans I'll reveal before the press like I did with Pulis and LVG okay. That's fair enough. Newcastle is a huge club RT

Billy bullshitter?

Who's this Jonathan Hope fella? Got over 80,000 followers on Twitter.

@Jonhopeofficial: I've just heard who is getting the #NUFC job. I'd love to say but can't because of legalities in regards to betting. Gonna be a shock tho RT

@Jonhopeofficial: It's common knowledge I know Mike Ashley and have several #NUFC Players. I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I know who is getting job! Shock

@Jonhopeofficial: I personally think bad! But Newcastle fans know best. I don't think good appointment but #NUFC Fans are amazing. Deserve better! That's imo

@Jonhopeofficial: I don't think it's a good decision for the club but I've heard tonight from the main man! Unless he's lying (which he never has b4) #NUFC

@Jonhopeofficial: Before people start giving me abuse I'll reveal before the press and #NUFC fans can check my validity with any #WBA or #MUFC Fans. I know RT

@Jonhopeofficial: Just because Ashley has made a decision on the next manager doesn't mean that I have to say he's a good choice. Personally I think bad #NUFC

@Jonhopeofficial: I don't and do not condone betting. Ally McCoist has been relieved of his duties at Rangers. Still being paid. Cheap option! Just saying

@Jonhopeofficial: I promise #NUFC Fans I'll reveal before the press like I did with Pulis and LVG okay. That's fair enough. Newcastle is a huge club RT

Billy bullshitter?

seems like an ethical fellow. not only doesn't condone betting, but also does not condone it.