Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

My first choice is McClaren but I don't see him leaving in the middle of the season. We'll probably have Carver or an outside temporary boss until the end of the season.  Or maybe Colo could do a :giggs:

Thing is that European football is still a realistic possibility. If we were to get a good manager (or even a decent one, with this team man..) in over the next couple of weeks then there's no reason why we couldn't mount a serious challenge for 6th. Of course, that would be panic stations for our wrecklessly ambitious owner but that would make it sweeter.

Honestly, if we get this one right and players like HBA and De Jong return (Williamson doesn't play) then we could actually finish quite well.

I'm getting so carried away already... :lol:

I just hope we don't go out the Cup before a new manager is appointed. A good FA cup run would be brilliant

I think we'll do well to get past Leicester watching them get robbed of a win against Liverpool. Carver is clueless but I think he'll be given the job until the summer.

Ashleys track record of hiring managers is a worry:

Keegan - Ashley apointed a fan favorite.  Things were different back then.  Also tried to recruit Harry at the time.

Kinnear - Apointed a buddy how had been long out of the game.  Didn't last the season. Probably would have kept us up

Shearer - Not sure if he was a fan favorite but he was very inexperienced and didn't do enough to keep us up.

Hughton - Inexperienced but delivered on promotion. 

Pardew - Unemployed after been sacked from league 1.  Recent record terrible (West Ham, Charlton, Southampton).

Nothing in his past suggests he will go for the right man instead of the bargain option.

I'm becoming increasingly worried it's going to be Carver. Not acting and hoping we stay in the Premier League just seems like a step that will seem like a worthwhile risk in Ashley's head.

Or at the very least, drag it out til the end of January so a new manager doesn't have time to ask for players.

I'm becoming increasingly worried it's going to be Carver. Not acting and hoping we stay in the Premier League just seems like a step that will seem like a worthwhile risk in Ashley's head.

Or at the very least, drag it out til the end of January so a new manager doesn't have time to ask for players.

Also thinking this is what we will do.

We love putting stuff off

Schteve has shortened up this morning. Carver was favourite with us (betfred) this morning but has drifted and McLaren is now favourite at 5-2. Not that the bookies ever have a clue about next manager markets. It's entirely punter driven.

Preferably we'd find a quality permanent manager sooner rather than later, but I'd take Carver or Beardsley until the end of the season if it meant getting the right guy in the end, Galtier or otherwise.

Preferably we'd find a quality permanent manager sooner rather than later, but I'd take Carver or Beardsley until the end of the season if it meant getting the right guy in the end, Galtier or otherwise.

Yesterday proved Carver to the end of the season would be an absolute disaster tbh

Agreed, even though the short term would be utter :anguish: I'd still take it.

what's the point of Beardsley or Carver... will be the same pile of steaming horseship we have had to put up with previously...

Would like to see a whole new tactical revision of staff and some new ideas and something bordering on a positive approach to how we play. Any manager will do as long as they have a proactive approach.

I personally like Mclaren, followed by Ketsbaia.

Yesterday proved Carver to the end of the season would be an absolute disaster tbh

A disaster from a supporter point of view, but it's Ashley who will make the decision. Since his only criteria is to stay in the premier, even with Carver we should be able to get 3 wins to do that between now and the end of the season. I really can't see him appointing anyone else until the summer going off past history.

Its actually a really good time to get a new manager in right now mid season. No real expectations, no real danger. Half a season to get to know the squad and plan for the coming season. I'm really hoping we are getting someone good in asap.

Its actually a really good time to get a new manager in right now mid season. No real expectations, no real danger. Half a season to get to know the squad and plan for the coming season. I'm really hoping we are getting someone good in asap.

The problem is not many managers as I already proven are willing to do so in the middle of the season.

Peter Lovenkrands ‏@lovenkrands11  27s27 seconds ago

A lot of you's said Frank de boer and I agree with that! think he would be great for the job, with me as assistant

Peter Lovenkrands ‏@lovenkrands11  27s27 seconds ago

A lot of you's said Frank de boer and I agree with that! think he would be great for the job, with me as assistant

:lol: tickling de Boer's sphincter with his nose