Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Lets face it - Carver has the job - Ashley isn't going to pay for anyone.

The fact he seemed so willing to let Pardew go gives me hope, he could have just said no and saved any bother. I am prepared to be disappointed though.

Really that gives you hope? Does opposite for me

Get £4m for Pardew. Replace with Carver. £4m up and not having ur manager tied to an 8yr contract win win for Ashley. Get rid for good money and replace on the cheap, if we've learnt one thing that's what Ashley does. It'll be Carver all day long

It tells me he probably didn't rate Pardew anymore and wanted him gone, but he didn't want to pay the compensation.

It tells me that he'll try to turn a profit on anything. He just made 4m on fucking Pardew ffs. We'll be stuck with Carver no doubt, with Ashley gambling on him doing a good job (highly unlikely) and getting more compensation from another club who'll pay up in stupidity. Carver's on an 8yr contract too, I believe.

What signs?

I don't know, my pessimistic Newcastle United will always find a way to disappoint me signs :)

I just think Carver is way too buoyant, remember how close he was to Pardew.

If his intention is definitely to give Carver the job, and there is no doubt about that, then why hasn't he actually given him the job?

Saves wages to keep him in his current position as long as possible.

Also The Ronny gill are starting to spout a lot of pro Carver stuff, like this:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-burning-questions-need-answered-8371408#rlabs=5

Which is worrying, perhaps they've been given the nudge that if they start to tow the club line, they'll be allowed back in again, that's what they've been waiting for so desperately.

If his intention is definitely to give Carver the job, and there is no doubt about that, then why hasn't he actually given him the job?

:thup:

He still officially does not have a vacancy !!

Also The Ronny gill are starting to spout a lot of pro Carver stuff, like this:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-burning-questions-need-answered-8371408#rlabs=5

Which is worrying, perhaps they've been given the nudge that if they start to tow the club line, they'll be allowed back in again, that's what they've been waiting for so desperately.

They already have.

We might bring a new man in eventually but I'll be very surprised if Carver isn't given the gig until the end of the season. The board have already said they're going to take their time on an appointment, plus the table looks alright atm.

I wonder if Carr will have some input. There's gonna be such a job-on finding someone in this country who is as spineless as Pardew and will remain constantly positive towards the regime in the press, whilst barely having a say in transfers. It would make sense to go to the continent, you would think.

Pretty damn intrigued as to where we go from here. Can see some stuff potentially changing once this season is done.

Even if carver is given it, this time next year he'll be gone. He could drag us over the finish line but when he starts the season like Pardew did it'll all fall apart and there won't be a massive contract to protect him.

In all honesty I see this going two ways, we get the right man and slightly improve before Ashley sells us, or we hire 2-3 managers in the next year and totally fuck things up.

Even if carver is given it, this time next year he'll be gone. He could drag us over the finish line but when he starts the season like Pardew did it'll all fall apart and there won't be a massive contract to protect him.

His contract is as long as Pardew's was. :lol:

His contract is as long as Pardew's was. :lol:

He'd have to sign a new one to make him manager, and his current one is a coaches wage. Not exactly rocket surgery to work out he's in a much weaker position.

Imagine...

Shapes the training pitch into a circle to stop long passes :sweetjesus:

Just been sitting here jerking off to videos of Thomas Tuchel leading training sessions. My false high expectations are so high I'm already feeling disappointment. :lol: