Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I wouldn't be surprised if the press are being used to dilute the fan's fury at today's game by dropping names that might get fans excited.

Surely that goes totally against the aim of dropping fan expectations?

The club have shown previously that they will try and manipulate public feeling when things get too negative so if they can get fans to focus instead on an interesting list of potential managers then it might stop them dwelling on the cup defeat which will see the negativity increase in the coming days especially with likely thrashings from Chelsea and Southampton to come.

I wouldn't be surprised if the press are being used to dilute the fan's fury at today's game by dropping names that might get fans excited.

Surely that goes totally against the aim of dropping fan expectations?

Totally doesn't make sense to me

The point is surely that fans might forget about yet another dismal cup exit and getting militant against the owner if they think a good appointment might be on the way.

There will even be people scared the chanting could jeopardise a good appointment, I've no doubt about that. It's all a load of manipulated w***.

I get trying to dampen the cup but most of the names have been mentioned prior to it, and I don't know if building up the next manager and then not getting anyone decent would be a good strategy

But they could say they "tried".

True but even accumulatively they don't come to the cost of a half decent player. We'll happily 'invest' in a player but not some staff that aren't dinosaurs.

Think it's the prospect of paying up X amount of contracts in the event of a sacking that he doesn't like. He was reportedly very unhappy with paying up the lorryload of staff that Allardyce brought with him. You can't usually get someone to pay for a manager unless they're as dim as Steve Parish.

Course, this all begs the question of why he gave an 8 year contract to Pardew and his neanderthals. I can only assume that upon finishing 5th he genuinely thought he had some sort of world class management team on his hands, the fucking fat brainless cunt.

True but even accumulatively they don't come to the cost of a half decent player. We'll happily 'invest' in a player but not some staff that aren't dinosaurs.

Think it's the prospect of paying up X amount of contracts in the event of a sacking that he doesn't like. He was reportedly very unhappy with paying up the lorryload of staff that Allardyce brought with him. You can't usually get someone to pay for a manager unless they're as dim as Steve Parish.

Course, this all begs the question of why he gave an 8 year contract to Pardew and his neanderthals. I can only assume that upon finishing 5th he genuinely thought he had some sort of world class management team on his hands, the fucking fat brainless cunt.

The 8 year contract reeks of Llambias doing his mate a favour. He already had 4 years left on his previous contract.

Presumably that's why CPFC have had to pay so much to land Pardew, they had to effectively buy out his remaining contract, or something close it.

That's my guess anyway

Guest Gino14

I wouldn't be so worried by Carver if I didn't think he actually had the potential to relegate us this season.  That's how bad we've looked in the two games he's been in charge of.  Playing two of the worst teams in the league and the best he can manage is a draw and a loss.  It isn't looking good if he gets the job.  If he does get it, he won't have the job long, he's just too bad at it and he hasn't got the slime factor of Pardew.

Most of the foreign managers we've been linked with apart from Advocaat would be decent appointments, with some being better than others.  Most of them would be better than a terrible British appointment, that's for sure.

Course, this all begs the question of why he gave an 8 year contract to Pardew and his neanderthals. I can only assume that upon finishing 5th he genuinely thought he had some sort of world class management team on his hands, the f***ing fat brainless c***.

Also I think Allardyce must be largely accountable for our current transfer policy because he wasted so much money on utter dross - has beens on big wages and long contracts with no re-sale value that contributed hugely to our relegation.  Ashley may well have decided upon the same policy in the end but I am sure he was hugely influenced by Allardyce's buys and that Allardyce then blamed the board for not being more pro-active in getting his preferred choices in - whoever they were.

If Carver gets it were nailed on to go down imo. We'll drop like a stone. The man is completely out of his depth - has absolutely no gravitas and no clue how to set up a team to win matches.

He can fuck off.

The shit thing is Carver, Stone and Woodman are all on 8 year contracts as well. They aren't going anywhere soon. The new "head coach" will have to agree to work with these clowns.

I'd rather they pissed off but if they have to hang around I hope the new guy is at least allowed to bring in a few competent, qualified coaches and just lets these muppets sweep the car park or something.

I voted for Bilic and Ketsbaia. I've always liked Bilic and I think he'd do well in the Premiership. Temuri I think would relish the job and would be a lot of fun.

You never know how managers from abroad will adjust to England and Premiership football. Those two already know us.

Eddie Howe seems to be doing a phenomenal job at Bournemouth, but we'd be taking him right out of his familiar ground.

A Toon source told Sunday People Sport: “The trouble we will have in appointing a new man is that some are tied up with long contracts while others, like Remi Garde, are taking a break from the game after his three-year successful stint at Lyon.”

Of course it would be impossible for a small time club like NUFC to pay for a new manager like mighty Crystal Palace.

The list is said to include  St Etienne’s Christophe Galtier, Borussia Moenchengladbach’s Lucien Favre, former Mainz coach Thomas Tuchel, former Lyon coach Remi Garde  and Dick Advocaat.

Doubt anyone knows apart from Carr and Charnley. But i'd fly to the moon if we get one of them (not Advocaat). Can't see it though...