Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

So after a week of torture of waiting to get Pardew to Palace over the line, next week will be torture of seeing who will be on the replacement shortlist.

I can bare with it as long as it doesnt involve Carver, Sanchez or JFK.

Carr can recommend whoever he wants but there's a reason we ended up with Kinnear, Hughton, and Pardew as our last three managers.

The contract we put on the table will contain a laughably low wage, completely one-sided severance terms (very little compo if sacked but owes NUFC millions if chooses to leave), and zero authority beyond training the first team and picking the matchday squad.

The only people who will take that deal are either desperate, completely unproven, friends with Ashley, or all of the above.

Who would be happy to keep Carver in charge until the end of the season, IF it meant getting in the likes of Galtier in the summer? Can we hold on that long?

I would have accepted Carver as caretaker but not after seeing how we've performed in his two games.  The first half against Burnley was a breath of fresh air, the 2nd half and his inablility to do anything to influence the game was frightening.

Excuse my ignorance...but I know very little about Tuchel and his wiki doesn't shout anything impressive.

What is it, about him, that has everyone excited? It's rubbing off on me but I have no idea why :lol:

Tactical flexibility, innovative training methods, attacking football (apparently), fluent English, studied the coaching side of the game from a young age, and seemingly natural inteligence

Guest Gino14

I know he's very unlikely to get it, but I'd be wary if McLaren was on any short list. We said about Pardew that the fans at a club know what's really going on and Palace fans in denial would see what he's really like. Well when McLaren was at Middlesbrough, the people I know who supported Boro were really glad to see the back of him. They celebrated when he left for the England job and similarly to us with Pardew couldn't believe someone had paid money for him. He wasn't hated or seen as being as bad as Pardew, but his football and selections really weren't liked. I think he's doing a good job at Derby, but he didn't pull up any trees in his first premier league manager job (although admittedly they did at least win a cup).

Genuine question, why has Hoddle never got back into Management?

To focus on his academy in Spain... And probably because who would touch him after his failure at Wolves in championship

To focus on how academy in Spain... And probably because who would touch him after his failure at Wolves in championship?

Is he still involved in the Spanish Academy?

Pretty clear no one has a clue given the variance and quick change in managers we want according to the press.

Upside is there are some great names, more so than the rank ones. Downside the club has obviously told anyone zip. So we could end up with a Vinnie Jones/robbie savage dream team at this rate.

Went to live in Spain didn't he? Set up that foundation thing. That and he probably thinks he is better than the damaged, dated goods he is.

See Curbishley, Alan.

Went to live in Spain didn't he? Set up that foundation thing. That and he probably thinks he is better than the damaged, dated goods he is.

See Curbishley, Alan.

Another weird one. Curiously went from almost getting the Liverpool Job to never working again. He never pulled up many trees but surprised he just simply never got another job.

See Curbishley, Alan.

Another weird one. Curiously went from almost getting the Liverpool Job to never working again. He never pulled up many trees but surprised he just simply never got another job.

probably the manner of the way he left, walking off because a not very good player had been sold behind his back then suing for constructive dismissal probably put owners off.

See Curbishley, Alan.

Hoddle always seems a bit more relevant on TV to me. I'm just surprised nobody has taken a punt on him. It's like there's something everyone inside the game knows but we don't.

RE Hoddle perhaps he's just not as desperate for any job going as the likes of Pardew/Redknapp/Curbishley ect?  Who knows, hard to believe he's just unemployable considering some of the shit that keep getting Preectr League jobs.