Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Excuse my ignorance...but I know very little about Tuchel and his wiki doesn't shout anything impressive.

What is it, about him, that has everyone excited? It's rubbing off on me but I have no idea why :lol:

Tactical flexibility, innovative training methods, attacking football (apparently), fluent English, studied the coaching side of the game from a young age, and seemingly natural inteligence

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-rejects-accusations-fielded-8379134

:thup:

He's basically the Anti-Pardew.

Excuse my ignorance...but I know very little about Tuchel and his wiki doesn't shout anything impressive.

What is it, about him, that has everyone excited? It's rubbing off on me but I have no idea why :lol:

Tactical flexibility, innovative training methods, attacking football (apparently), fluent English, studied the coaching side of the game from a young age, and seemingly natural inteligence

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-rejects-accusations-fielded-8379134

:thup:

He's basically the Anti-Pardew.

It's the role play part of the interview where they test how good he is at lying to fans and taking the flak.

One would hope that considering this is Charnley's first major event since being promoted to his current status, he'd want to make a really good impression via an excellent appointment. Problem being that's excellent in Ashley's eyes, not anyone else's.

One would hope that considering this is Charnley's first major event since being promoted to his current status, he'd want to make a really good impression via an excellent appointment. Problem being that's excellent in Ashley's eyes, not anyone else's.

Being excellent in Ashley's eyes would probably consist of making the most of young, predominantly foreign, players with potential for much higher resale value. A model which I think is a sensible way to run a club in our position.

Pardew constantly resisted that model, clearly briefing his mates in the media about players being bought behind his back, then blaming poor form on the loss of them when it suited him and freezing out talented players brought in as part of that model (while giving chance after chance to underperforming players who don't fall into that model).

I doubt Ashley was really happy with Pardew, because as much as a yes man as he might have seemed in some respects, he was clearly unwilling to fully play ball with how Ashley wants the club to be run. With the right manger, who buys into that way of running the club, it could be very successful. At least in terms of producing attractive football.

Guest Gino14

I think there's no way he would have consented to resting players for Leicester if he didn't know he already had the job

Or knew he wasn't getting it. Or was follow orders from dave bassett before he takes the reigns this week.

Or just showing that he can toe the line like Pardew and throw cup games. He probably thinks the ownership want more of the same, so he's making it part of his job application.

Being excellent in Ashley's eyes would probably consist of making the most of young, predominantly foreign, players with potential for much higher resale value. A model which I think is a sensible way to run a club in our position.

Pardew constantly resisted that model, clearly briefing his mates in the media about players being bought behind his back, then blaming poor form on the loss of them when it suited him and freezing out talented players brought in as part of that model (while giving chance after chance to underperforming players who don't fall into that model).

I doubt Ashley was really happy with Pardew, because as much as a yes man as he might have seemed in some respects, he was clearly unwilling to fully play ball with how Ashley wants the club to be run. With the right manger, who buys into that way of running the club, it could be very successful. At least in terms of producing attractive football.

The local journos have occasionally mentioned things such as Perch was sold because Pardew would not play Anita which makes you think that the board were not happy with Pardew's team selections at times.

It will be confusing (to fans) but the only thing I will say is that the position is not now as a manager - it’s now a head coach’s job. So the head coach’s job is to get the team ready and prepared for the next game and that’s all I’ve been thinking about.

There’s no need for me to be in touch with the owner because that’s the line the club is going down now – head coach. When I was with Toronto in the MLS, I was head coach so I never got involved in any transfer dealings. My sole responsibility was to look after the team and get them prepared and ready for the game and I’m assuming that’s what most head coaches do.

Virtually rules out all of the proposed British names, does it not? As a nation we still struggle with the concept of a manager having no say whatsoever on the players he has to work with.

It will be confusing (to fans) but the only thing I will say is that the position is not now as a manager - it’s now a head coach’s job. So the head coach’s job is to get the team ready and prepared for the next game and that’s all I’ve been thinking about.

There’s no need for me to be in touch with the owner because that’s the line the club is going down now – head coach. When I was with Toronto in the MLS, I was head coach so I never got involved in any transfer dealings. My sole responsibility was to look after the team and get them prepared and ready for the game and I’m assuming that’s what most head coaches do.

Virtually rules out all of the proposed British names, does it not? As a nation we still struggle with the concept of a manager having no say whatsoever on the players he has to work with.

It's also viewed as a bad thing as well which I find laughable really.