Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

It would be foolish to appoint Carver and if he does, I would not expect Carver to last long (cue the media saying Ashley gave the Geordies what they wanted i.e. one of their own and looked how that turned out - despite most of us being against such an appointment).

Surely Carver is one of the reasons why certain players are not developing as they should and seeing as Pardew wrote players off very quickly, the likelihood is such opinions are well entrenched with the coaching staff which shows an underlying need why a new approach is needed.

Ashley needs to appoint the best candidate whilst we are still in a decent position.  If Carver drags us into a relegation battle, then that may put off potential managers and will certain affect any Summer recruitment plans.

If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Carver.

Pretend to go for a good manager with absolutely no intention of following it up. Then once the window has slammed shut and we've maybe cashed in on a couple of players, we have no choice than to let Carver carry on.

This is just yet another bullshit smokescreen from the fat mess and his cronies.

If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Carver.

Pretend to go for a good manager with absolutely no intention of following it up. Then once the window has slammed shut and we've maybe cashed in on a couple of players, we have no choice than to let Carver carry on.

This is just yet another bullshit smokescreen from the fat mess and his cronies.

:thup:

Think it's quite clear that no one has a fucking clue who we're getting, or if we're even getting anyone.

Yup, it's sort of good news and bad news at the same time.

Last night bookies were showing Tim Sherwood as favorite, but he's now dropped down to third with Remi Garde now top. At least that's pushed Carver down to 4th, not that this really means anything either! :lol:

Newcastle United have yet to make an approach to any of the candidates to the vacant head coach role at St James’ Park.

The Chronicle understands that United have a shortlist for the job which includes six or seven names.

It is believed that Remi Garde is on that shortlist but talk that former Rangers boss Dick Advocaat is in with a shout of the job has been played down.

However, Garde has not been approached by the Magpies at this stage.

The 48-year-old left Lyon last year due to personal reasons and said last May: “I made that decision only for personal and family reasons, because I didn’t feel enough energy to go on.”

United boss Mike Ashley is currently on holiday but this will not delay any decision making for the Magpies.

Ashley has entrusted managing director Lee Charnley and chief scout Graham Carr to get on with the business of mapping out the club’s future on the technical side.

As it stands caretaker boss John Carver has been told to prepare the team for the game at Chelsea on Saturday.

And he could yet be given the nod with Steve Stone to look after the job until the end of the season.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/remi-garde-newcastle-shortlist-yet-8379793?

Window licker...

Would love it if we got Howe, plays really good football, seems to generally be a stand up guy, and it would be a change for us to go with someone a bit riskier, and I think Howe deserves his chance. Whether he'd want to come here, as Bournmouth are doing really well this season and could be getting promoted, is another thing.

if carr has a say it's not going to be carver, let's look at the glass half full option

fucking carver man, fills me with dread, not least because a lot of our soopafans would probably want to stick with him a long as possible 'cause he's a geordie...that really worries me, that ashley knows our fan base inside out

Newcastle United will consider an application from former England and Chelsea boss Glenn Hoddle for the vacant head coach job at St James’ Park.

The Chronicle understands that Hoddle is on the club’s radar and is interested in the job.

Hoddle has a good rapport with chief scout Graham Carr and would be receptive to the club’s vision of a head coach model.

It is also believed that Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe would be considered after leading the Cherries to a promotion charge in the Championship.

However, Remi Garde, Christophe Galtier and internal candidate John Carver are still very much in the running at this stage.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-england-boss-glenn-hoddle-8379842?

Newcastle expect to complete the process of identifying potential replacements for Alan Pardew within the next 48 hours.

Press Association Sport understands managing director Lee Charnley and chief scout Graham Carr are drawing up a list of around 10 potential candidates to provide the basis for discussions early next week.

That list will then be whittled down to the men the pair believe can fulfil the role of head coach at St James' Park - and, perhaps more importantly, whether or not they are available, either immediately or at some point in the near future, and would work within the 'continental' model the club has adopted.

Sources on Tyneside insist that no-one has yet been approached and certainly no offers have been made.

However, it is understood that among the names which will be considered at this early stage are St Etienne's Christophe Galtier, former Mainz boss Thomas Tuchel, Derby's Steve McClaren, Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe and ex-England chief Glenn Hoddle.

Galtier has already indicated that he will not walk out on his current employers this season, while Tuchel is currently taking a sabbatical and McClaren, who signed a new three-year deal last summer, has distanced himself from the vacancy.

However, those details and possible resolutions will form part of the early discussions, and what is clear is that Charnley and Carr, who are being given free rein by owner Mike Ashley, will not appoint in haste.

In the circumstances, Pardew's assistant John Carver - he was criticised by some fans for fielding a weakened side for Saturday's 1-0 FA Cup third-round defeat by Leicester, although later insisted it was as a result of injuries and fatigue - and first-team coach Steve Stone are likely to remain in charge for next weekend's Barclays Premier League trip to Chelsea.

The Magpies currently sit in 10th place in the table, with 27 points from their opening 20 fixtures, and the top-10 finish Ashley set as the minimum requirement for the season is now their only remaining objective.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-set-to-finalise-coach-shortlist-as-they-look-to-replace-alan-pardew-9956146.html

Would absolutely love Glenn Hoddle here, always thought he was a good managr and isnt that 'old' really. One of the best England managers of the last 30 years, and him leaving the post wasnt due to any footballing reasons.

Still speaks a good game in the media and seems up to date on stuff etc, would be a good appointment IMO

Would absolutely love Glenn Hoddle here, always thought he was a good managr and isnt that 'old' really. One of the best England managers of the last 30 years, and him leaving the post wasnt due to any footballing reasons.

Still speaks a good game in the media and seems up to date on stuff etc, would be a good appointment IMO

I hope he's ditched his loonie philosophies.

Why do people keep insisting Tuchel is having a sabbatical?

"Tuchel will neither receive a salary from the club, nor be in a position to take on a new job elsewhere without the 05ers' explicit permission, until his existing deal expires on 30 June 2015. Any club looking to appoint the 40-year-old in the meantime would have to recompense Mainz for his services."

Why do people keep insisting Tuchel is having a sabbatical?

"Tuchel will neither receive a salary from the club, nor be in a position to take on a new job elsewhere without the 05ers' explicit permission, until his existing deal expires on 30 June 2015. Any club looking to appoint the 40-year-old in the meantime would have to recompense Mainz for his services."

Surely they would be happy to get his wages off the books though?

If you were talking to me, that is. :lol:

Mainz might be fine with it, considering we aren't a Bundesliga rival.

Depends how much of a cunt they are. Tuchel offered his resignation, they did not accept and that's why he's on a "sabbatical". Fucking press making it out like he voluntarily chose to take a year off for shits and giggles. :lol: