Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Guest palnese

If we wanted someone with Bordeaux connections we would've been better off signing a 60 year old Alain Giresse.

I'd Prefer a 40 something Zidane myself.

As much as Gouffran is playing very poorly it's really not his fault.  He is what he is, a striker playing out of position.  It's completely Pardew's fault for playing him out of position and keeping on playing him, even when he's no good at it.  That's not to say he'd be great as a striker for us now either, but it'd still be Pardew's fault if he kept playing him there when he was poor as well.  He can probably do a job for us in a few positions from the bench, but he should be nowhere near the starting lineup, unless we have no other wingers or strikers available.

As much as Gouffran is playing very poorly it's really not his fault.  He is what he is, a striker playing out of position.  It's completely Pardew's fault for playing him out of position and keeping on playing him, even when he's no good at it.  That's not to say he'd be great as a striker for us now either, but it'd still be Pardew's fault if he kept playing him there when he was poor as well.  He can probably do a job for us in a few positions from the bench, but he should be nowhere near the starting lineup, unless we have no other wingers or strikers available.

Absolutely this.

That bit of "defending" towards the end when he gave away a free kick. Imagine if that was Cabella and they scored from it, we'd never see him again.

Yup. I might understand taking Ayoze off at half time, a kid from Spain who wasn't at his best on a cold Tuesday night at Turf Moor (but still posed 100 times more threat than anyone else mind). But I will never understand taking him off while Gouffran stays on the pitch. It is one of those sickening "managerial" decisions and you just knew it was coming.