Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

He was our worst player today, no doubt. There's just no real quality in his feet.

Sissoko shaded it, for me.

That said, I thought today was Gouffran's best game in about 8 or 9 months... and yet I'd still have rated him at about a 6 or slightly higher. He's so bang average it hurts.

Thought he worked hard but he offers nothing as a winger as stated numerous times. Reminds me of a pacier version of Jonas circa his last two years for us.

Clearly Pardew demanding he plays as a wingback. He did the same to Jonas who albeit lost his pace but was always direct attacking wise before he got Pardewed. If it wasn't for that I would be more excited about Aarons.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd say there's a very strong chance it'll be Cabella who makes way, given Pards' concerns regarding his lack of physicality.

Nah. No way.

Never discount Pardew's ability to still surprise you with his level of stupidity. He's still doing the Williamson to the back post thing, it's been 4 years.

I used to love Gouff when he first joined, and he was on the wing then. He's too good a guy man, as he listens to everything Pardew says, and it has ultimately ruined him. Tracks back so far, and so often that he is genuinely unable to impact the game in forward areas anymore, as he is just worn out mentally and physically.

I used to love Gouff when he first joined, and he was on the wing then. He's too good a guy man, as he listens to everything Pardew says, and it has ultimately ruined him. Tracks back so far, and so often that he is genuinely unable to impact the game in forward areas anymore, as he is just worn out mentally and physically.

Doesn't even bother getting in the box anymore.

I like Gouffran but think Pardew viewing him as a wing-back due to his work rate hinders him. Use him as a back up centre-forward and I think he'd be useful.

Can't believe he hasn't told Pardew to fuck off yet. Playing him as a left wing back for two seasons man. Unbelievable.