Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Guest WashyGeordie

He tore us apart when we got beat 2-0 (fair enough with Williamson at the back) but apart from that I don't know much about him.

Has to be better than the Ameobi brothers combined though fo' sure!

He didn't play in that game  :lol:

Why i deleted me comment! Got him mixed up with Diabaté.

This is the one of the transfers that we are linked with that worries me the most, his goal record is something like 1 in 5 which isn't exactly great for a striker.

14 in 34 last season; 10 in 23 this.

This is the one of the transfers that we are linked with that worries me the most, his goal record is something like 1 in 5 which isn't exactly great for a striker.

Probably because he's been a winger for the majority of his career and yeah what Dave said :thup:

In the last 2 years it's much better than that. Just depends what you think better represents his ability. Also, for the price, it's hardly a huge risk.

Guest WashyGeordie

Cisse this season only has 4 goals in 21 apps in the PL this year (6 altogether). and he's only 22 De Jong!

Excellent now to sign Ba's replacement and we are looking good.

Hate to burst the bubble on what's looking like a good day, but this is Ba's replacement.

cisse is ba's replacement on the pitch. we have the players not to need to go with a central front 2.

Excellent now to sign Ba's replacement and we are looking good.

Hate to burst the bubble on what's looking like a good day, but this is Ba's replacement.

Pretty certain he's not tbh, you don't plan to spend 8m on Remy and then spend 1m on Gouffran... he's not the replacement for Ba i'm absolutely certain of it.

He's too low a profile for that, when we sell a purple we usually replace him with someone high profile. ( See Cisse, Cabaye, Santon and maybe Mbiwa)

He will add quite a lot to the team but i doubt he's Ba's replacement.

Guest bimpy474

Sure the journos were also saying his finishing has much improved. Maybe a bit of a late developer in some areas.

And a lot those stats would have been when he first broke through into his teams, very young.

Sure the journos were also saying his finishing has much improved. Maybe a bit of a late developer in some areas.

And a lot those stats would have been when he first broke through into his teams, very young.

And apparently he's only played as a centre forward the last couple of seasons.

Guest bimpy474

And apparently he's only played as a centre forward the last couple of seasons.

There you go  O0, stats are not always straight forward.

The amount of bitching from some of you Happy Jack mother fuckers is ridiculous. :lol: We needed help up front, we got help up front. He's young, scores goals, can play across the line, and came cheaply.

"Tomorrow I will be a new player of Newcastle and I am proud. Thanks to everyone....kisses."

kisses :lol: