Birth Date: May 25, 1986

Height: 1.76m

Weight: 76 kg

2012/13 French Ligue 1

GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS

20           8           1           55

2011/12 STATISTICS

31       14             3             60

Just read that the 750,000 Euros is the price of the remainder of his contract with Bordeaux, which at least gives some context.

MA so adverse to paying anything for someone who will be free in the summer  :lol:

I won't complain about signing players for good prices, but it is a bit disappointing if the scope of our successful scouting system is limited to just France.

I am a bit worried about this too. It will eventually become a weakness if only French players will join us.

I won't complain about signing players for good prices, but it is a bit disappointing if the scope of our successful scouting system is limited to just France.

Read: expansion of Sports Direct, Puma etc in to France......... (jokes)

Guest firetotheworks

The scope is value and will only change when the main source of the value changes. I think we probably all know that.

£15m for Zaha tells you that it's not England.

I don't think we're just French based, I think we regularly look at Belgium, Germany and Holland too. I just think Ligue 1 players really suit our current circumstances, in terms of price, ability, wages etc. I'd like us to start broadening it to Italy and Spain, as well as South America in the summer however.

I wonder how many "unofficial" scouts we same to have, as all you ever hear is that we have Carr and Wooster on the books. Hopefully behind the scenes we're building an extensive scouting network that covers a multitude of countries. We really need to scout South America too. Was very disappointing to here Carr say we don't due to adaptability issues.

Pretty sure we're clued up on Belgium and Germany too

When did we last get a player from Belgium, unless I'm forgetting somebody obvious? We seem to scout Holland as well, but there is not much attacking talent available at the moment.

Graham Carr did mention Belgium in an interview last year.

Pretty sure we're clued up on Belgium and Germany too

When did we last get a player from Belgium, unless I'm forgetting somebody obvious? We seem to scout Holland as well, but there is not much attacking talent available at the moment.

Graham Carr did mention Belgium in an interview last year.

Did he? :thup: if so.

I am a bit worried about this too. It will eventually become a weakness if only French players will join us.

Clique-forming at some level is inevitable once you go beyond a certain number. If we end up signing all of Gouffran, Mbiwa, and Sissoko, it is even reasonable to expect that English be the primary language on the training ground anymore?