Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

I won't complain about signing players for good prices, but it is a bit disappointing if the scope of our successful scouting system is limited to just France.

I am a bit worried about this too. It will eventually become a weakness if only French players will join us.

Clique-forming at some level is inevitable once you go beyond a certain number. If we end up signing all of Gouffran, Mbiwa, and Sissoko, it is even reasonable to expect that English be the primary language on the training ground anymore?

Pardew has said they all have to speak in English whilst at training. :thup:

Pretty sure we're clued up on Belgium and Germany too

When did we last get a player from Belgium, unless I'm forgetting somebody obvious? We seem to scout Holland as well, but there is not much attacking talent available at the moment.

Graham Carr did mention Belgium in an interview last year.

Did he? :thup: if so.

I'm not sure which player he mentioned, but I'm sure he said he went to Belgium to see someone specific a fair bit. Possibly Cheick before Twente?

When did we last get a player from Belgium, unless I'm forgetting somebody obvious? We seem to scout Holland as well, but there is not much attacking talent available at the moment.

I'm not sure which player he mentioned, but I'm sure he said he went to Belgium to see someone specific a fair bit. Possibly Cheick before Twente?

Aye, I remember them saying they had scouted Tiote before he went to Holland, but that is years ago by now.

I won't complain about signing players for good prices, but it is a bit disappointing if the scope of our successful scouting system is limited to just France.

I am a bit worried about this too. It will eventually become a weakness if only French players will join us.

Clique-forming at some level is inevitable once you go beyond a certain number. If we end up signing all of Gouffran, Mbiwa, and Sissoko, it is even reasonable to expect that English be the primary language on the training ground anymore?

That will obviously be the cast policy-wise, but once the French players start outnumbering the non-French ones you have to wonder how easy that would be to enforce.

That will obviously be the cast policy-wise, but once the French players start outnumbering the non-French ones you have to wonder how easy that would be to enforce.

Yeah I totally see where you are coming from with that. Just wanted to point out that Pardew has already addressed it as it has been pointed out as a concern by the media. :thup:

Yeah I totally see where you are coming from with that. Just wanted to point out that Pardew has already addressed it as it has been pointed out as a concern by the media. :thup:

Yeah, I understand that. Time will tell I suppose.

Aye, I remember them saying they had scouted Tiote before he went to Holland, but that is years ago by now.

I think around 08. I'm sure he said he still went to some games there mind.

Guest tollemache

I can see it becoming a point of principle even more if we had more French players or a French manager, because even a little bit of French on the training ground would be enough to get the English and others worried. Arsenal were very strict on it when all their Frenchies came in under Wenger.