Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

This is a great signing, adds a much needed potency to our team, and has a good attitude. We just need him to be Ba in last year's 4-3-3, where I think he's actually a better fit as he'll work harder, will add more pace and will most likely nab a few goals. I think he'll be our most important signing over the coming months, I can see him getting 5 or 6.

Fingers crossed, I feel quite the same really, hopefully he works better for the team, individually he'll not match what Ba offered, but this was always going to be the case whoever we brought in.

Aye :thup:

I never expected us to sign a player of Ba's quality this window, but Gouffran will add some much needed pace in our front line which should suit Cissé well. Think he'll improve our team as much as Ba did, without being as good.

We've not had a bad recent history with underwhelming strikers when first signed. Best and Ba did better than many on here dared hope, and I'm hoping this will be a similar success. I'm not sure it's as easy scoring in French football as many people imagine. The few games I've seen are played at a very slow pace.

We've not had a bad recent history with underwhelming strikers when first signed. Best and Ba did better than many on here dared hope, and I'm hoping this will be a similar success. I'm not sure it's as easy scoring in French football as many people imagine. The few games I've seen are played at a very slow pace.

It's a massive myth tbh, the french league is one of the most defensive leagues in Europe it might lack quality in some ways but as far as defense goes its not easy to score goals.

Good to see this one confirmed. :D

Stopped watching his YouTube videos earlier because i didn't want to be gutted if he didn't sign :lol:

He was impressive mind, quick, intelligent when making runs, very clever finisher.

Guest bimpy474

Rob Scanlon ‏@RobScanlon_nufc

Just finished doing the interpretation of Yoan's interview. It's a cracker, trust me. Oh, and I filmed him playing ping pong! #NUFC

Rob Scanlon @RobScanlon_nufc

...WITH EXTRA FOOTAGE OF TRACTORS AND PLOUGHS AND SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hello Rob :lol:

Can someone who has seen a lot of him compare him to any players currently in the premiership?

I'd say Walters is a good comparison.

What :lol: Walters is slow as f*ck which completely negates the comparison :lol:

Twas in jest, man!

Delighted this has gone through. :)

Sounds like he's a very good fit to play out wide in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 which with our squad really is what we should be using almost exclusively. Even if we do go 4-4-2 he does seem like a player who'll work the flanks a bit, which was the problem with Ba and Cisse as a partnership. Neither seemed to drift out wide and find space, they both generally just stood beside each other and made us very narrow as a result.

Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Can someone who has seen a lot of him compare him to any players currently in the premiership?

I'd say Walters is a good comparison.

What :lol: Walters is slow as f*ck which completely negates the comparison :lol:

Twas in jest, man!

I'm having a real mare with trying to judge sarcasm during this window  :okay:

It's a massive myth tbh, the french league is one of the most defensive leagues in Europe it might lack quality in some ways but as far as defense goes its not easy to score goals.

Yes that was my view as well. It's not dissimilar to Italian football from a defensive angle. I'm interested to see he's been given the no 11 shirt though, which used to traditionally go to the left winger. He looks very right footed to me, so maybe him and Ben Arfa will be cutting in and shooting a lot from their respective wide positions.

if it gets us a win i don't care, playing 4231/433 in the last few months hasn't exactly had us racking up the points!

I've got no problem with any formation that works.

If this lad can run the channels and create the space for Cisse and Debuchy can get forward 4-4-2 might not be that bad.

He's a good player for much cheaper than Remy, I mean he has won the league with Bordeuax. I'd rather this deal have gone through in terms of quality and cost then Remy. Ludicrously cheap.

By all accounts Remy is the much more talented player though - time will tell whether this guy whose on form and much cheaper (wages + fee) is the better option.

Says who? He's scored more than Remy both this season and last season. I think the price tag is making people ignore this guys record for some reason, he's quite clearly a good player by any account.

Remy has hardly played last 2 seasons ffs.

Remy is the better player, but Gouffran is decent.

He played 29 matches last season... and 31 two seasons ago.