Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

David Crossan‏@davidmcrossan

One #nufc snippet that got missed outre-manche was SEN int Lamine Sané tweeting: "Don't worry brother, I'm coming" to #Gouffran

CM/CD apparently.

Blatantly just reassuring Yoan he will be at his leaving party.

Loving his Demba Ba quotes. Reckons he can score as many as Demba without any problems. Certainly not lacking enthusiasm and confidence which is what we need. Hope he can indeed "hit the ground running" in the premiership.

Gouffran:

“My main position is centre-forward, but I can play either side or off the striker,” he said. “I can definitely adapt my style.

Sounds good to me!

Slot him in on the left of a front three with Cisse and Benny.

Sorted.

Gouffran:

“My main position is centre-forward, but I can play either side or off the striker,” he said. “I can definitely adapt my style.

Sounds good to me!

Slot him in on the left of a front three with Cisse and Benny.

Sorted.

I was hoping we wouldn't have signed him if this hadn't been discussed/confirmed, nice to hear.

Seems far more versatile than Ba and Cisse. :thup: Always thought that, despite the calibre of the Dembas, we ultimately have to get rid of one and bring in a goalscorer who's as competent in the wing. Hopefully he proves the part.

It was mentioned on Talksport but I don't recall hearing or seeing such comments.  I wonder if there has been a mix up with what some of the French clubs have been saying about their players joining us.

Going off his other quotes it seems highly unlikely he have suggested such a thing to me.

On a similar topic i noted that Sunderland's recent signing didn't exactly endear himself to them lot down the road with his comments when asked what he thought of the North East... :lol:

Howay then, spill...

On a similar topic i noted that Sunderland's recent signing didn't exactly endear himself to them lot down the road with his comments when asked what he thought of the North East... :lol:

Howay then, spill...

N’Diaye has already found a house in Darras Hall, which could become a French enclave if all Newcastle’s recent signings decide to relocate to the traditional home of North East Premier League footballers.

“I’m happy playing for Sunderland and happy to live here,” he says. “It’s near to friends, which is better for me, and the city is nice. I haven’t seen too much of Sunderland, but I’ve seen Newcastle. It’s nice and it’s a good place.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2013/01/25/new-boy-alfred-n-diaye-rides-high-on-crest-of-a-wearside-wave-61634-32674871/