Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Mbiwa mentioned that he drops quite deep and makes the defenders work hard. He's pacey and direct as well from what i've read.

Could he be a Bellamy type with more end product? Going by youtube he doesn't look that way. Have seen him ages ago but i can't really remember.

Happy for him to play right, we have been missing someone there without Ben Arfa, would personally deploy Obertan/Marv on the left. Looking at the squad now there are options for how we play which is great. Potentially you could put Tiote and Sissokho in centre if we needed strength or a combination of one with Cabs and Anita or Marv in there. Could deploy 2 up front with Gouffran and Cisse or Gouffran out right. When Ben Arfa is back we could deploy him anywhere across also without much problems.

Also having Debuchy and Mbiwa in defence should mean we can recover from attacks and be countered less whilst also giving support and confidence to those in front

Mbiwa mentioned that he drops quite deep and makes the defenders work hard. He's pacey and direct as well from what i've read.

Could he be a Bellamy type with more end product? Going by youtube he doesn't look that way. Have seen him ages ago but i can't really remember.

Do you mean better finishing? Bellamy's end product was superb. In 02-03 in particular he seemed to have a hand in more than half the goals we scored when he was on the pitch.

Guest bimpy474

Do you mean better finishing? Bellamy's end product was superb. In 02-03 in particular he seemed to have a hand in more than half the goals we scored when he was on the pitch.

Aye, Bellamy was fecking brilliant that season, most of his time here tbh.

Ben Arfa on the left would give us more balance anyway.

In a 4-3-3 it makes more sense to me having the outside 2 playing on their opposite side. The full backs or supporting midfielders should be putting in the crosses with the wide attackers cutting in.

I know Bellamy was a great player for us, no doubts about it. But i can't remember him scoring many goals apart from one or two seasons? He did contribute massively though. I don't mean that he's going to be as good as Bellamy, no way. Just interested to know if he could be that type of player, being direct and all that. Me mentioning the end product bit maybe was off the map, such a long time ago.

I know Bellamy was a great player for us, no doubts about it. But i can't remember him scoring many goals apart from one or two seasons? He did contribute massively though. I don't mean that he's going to be as good as Bellamy, no way. Just interested to know if he could be that type of player, being direct and all that. Me mentioning the end product bit maybe was off the map, such a long time ago.

His end product wasn't up to scratch when he first arrived if that's what you mean (I seem to recall him always ramming it straight at the keepers' legs), but that soon changed and he was an accomplished finisher for the most part. Great player for us.

Aye it would.... thats the question do we want balance or our best player in his best position?  :undecided:

I'd be happy with HBA central behind cisse and Marv out left, always the possibility of the 2 (HBA/marv & HBA/gouffran) interchanging....options man :smitten:

His end product wasn't up to scratch when he first arrived if that's what you mean (I seem to recall him always ramming it straight at the keepers' legs), but that soon changed and he was an accomplished finisher for the most part. Great player for us.

Against Villa in his first season he seemed determined to nutmeg Schmeichel. Twice he hit it straight at him one-on-one when he should've scored. Tried it a third time (when anyone else would've just learnt and picked a side) and succeeded, scoring at the Gallowgate. Was brilliant.

In a 4-3-3 it makes more sense to me having the outside 2 playing on their opposite side. The full backs or supporting midfielders should be putting in the crosses with the wide attackers cutting in.

It's a fair point. We haven't really seen 4-3-3 deployed properly to this point because our full backs haven't been good enough to get decent crosses in.

Sorry if Giggs;

@andybrassell: Interesting views from Jean-Pierre Papin on Gouffran (also on BIS). Said his Bordeaux-supporting mates are gutted FCGB let him go.

@andybrassell: JPP: "They can't understand it. He's a player who scores goals and wins the team points." (on Gouffran to #NUFC)

Guest WashyGeordie

David Crossan‏@davidmcrossan

One #nufc snippet that got missed outre-manche was SEN int Lamine Sané tweeting: "Don't worry brother, I'm coming" to #Gouffran

CM/CD apparently.

IF we do get Sané and Sissoko, surely that means Tiote is off?

David Crossan‏@davidmcrossan

One #nufc snippet that got missed outre-manche was SEN int Lamine Sané tweeting: "Don't worry brother, I'm coming" to #Gouffran

CM/CD apparently.

Probs to another PL team.  No chance will we sign another mid.

But if he is a centre back?

Getting rid of Williamson and Simpson in the same window :sweetjesus:

or concerned about Colo. he any good like?

I have just sold Shola, willo,Simpson, Jonas and alien head on fifa.good riddance, also signed thauvin and aubemayang