Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

The ball made it, to be fair. Rarity from Cabaye.

It was an excellent delivery from Cabaye certainly, but it still needed good movement, a brave header under pressure from Ivanovic' swinging boot and a cool finish to steer it into the net. He's missed easier headers this season (was it West Ham from 2 yards out?), so it's definitely good to see him score a good header. He will never be the physical battering ram type of centre forward like Carroll who can make something from every hopeful hoof in the area, but Gouffran has good movement in the box (certainly better than Cisse's at the moment), so the more confident he is in finishing his chances, the better.

Wonder what Pardle said to Cabaye before he swung it in. Superb ball like, now to do it from a corner.

I was saying to my mate right before the goal that it looked like Pardew told him to go round the back. Tactical genius!

Guest bimpy474

Wonder what Pardle said to Cabaye before he swung it in. Superb ball like, now to do it from a corner.

I was saying to my mate right before the goal that it looked like Pardew told him to go round the back. Tactical genius!

Pardew said on SSN he did tell Cabaye to swing in around the back, he said Cabaye has great curl on his direct free kicks so he wanted him to put some on the one he took today.

Fair play to Pardew as he added, it's ok me saying it but Cabaye has to get the delivery right and someone has to get on the end of it.

Pardew said on SSN he did tell Cabaye to swing in around the back, he said Cabaye has great curl on his direct free kicks so he wanted him to put some on the one he took today.

Fair play to Pardew as he added, it's ok me saying it but Cabaye has to get the delivery right and someone has to get on the end of it.

So good that he was even showing our opposition where we were going to hit it to.

Guest bimpy474

So good that he was even showing our opposition where we were going to hit it to.

He did whisper it to Cabaye like :lol:

He did whisper it to Cabaye like :lol:

OK. :lol: For some reason I also imagined him waving with his arm as if to indicate a far post delivery.

My bad. :lol: