The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Jack Flash acting as if he's some kind of betting swami because Man Utd came away from the Bernabeu with a draw? :lol:

:lol: Eh? I'm just wondering where all the confidence in Real Madrid came from. They're the Man City of their league while Man Utd are smashing up our league.

I genuinely don't think there is a better keeper, shot stopping, than De Gea. the saves he makes, 99% of other keepers wouldn't get to. He's the Ronnie O Sullivan of football. Natural talent.

I really hope that's sarcasm. He's got all the time in the world to build on his obvious talent but his shot stopping's no better than at least 5 PL keepers I can think of including Krul. 

Evans has become an excellent defender tbf

Don't agree. He's a decent defender, but he's not an excellent defender in my mind. As an example, I wouldn't have him at our club...

Why? He's only going to get better and he's a legitimately solid defender.

Amazing how the post-match coverage was all about De Gea 'coming of age' and 'overcoming all his critics'. Yeah, the critics being mostly you lot.  :lol: Everthing has to be hyped up into a narrative. They couldn't just end the coverage and say good game, it was the DAVID DE GEA GAME. They knocked him down so they could build him back up again and make a story out of nothing.

It wasn't even that great of a performance, he's had better in recent weeks for them.

Guest neesy111

Amazing how the post-match coverage was all about De Gea 'coming of age' and 'overcoming all his critics'. Yeah, the critics being mostly you lot.  :lol: Everthing has to be hyped up into a narrative. They couldn't just end the coverage and say good game, it was the DAVID DE GEA GAME. They knocked him down so they could build him back up again and make a story out of nothing.

It wasn't even that great of a performance, he's had better in recent weeks for them.

:thup:

Don't agree. He's a decent defender, but he's not an excellent defender in my mind. As an example, I wouldn't have him at our club...

Because nothing in my eyes suggest he's going to become a top top defender. In my eyes he's nothing more than a mid-table team central defender, which I realize doesn't sound quite right as he is playing for the number one team in England. I think the fact that they have conceded the most out of the top team somehow backs my argument, although it's not based on stats and purely on opinion.

Because nothing in my eyes suggest he's going to become a top top defender. In my eyes he's nothing more than a mid-table team central defender, which I realize doesn't sound quite right as he is playing for the number one team in England. I think the fact that they have conceded the most out of the top team somehow backs my argument, although it's not based on stats and purely on opinion.

Because he's not easy on the eye and called Jonny Evans don't mean he isn't a very good defender.... can't believe i'm defending Man Yoo they have some very good players who don't get anywhere near enough credit.

The way people talk you would think Carrick, Cleverly, Welbeck, Jones and Evans are complete shite.

Was absolute gobsmacked with the amount of people who felt Madrid would steamroll through them, they are a very good team ( key word being team) and know how to win at this stage.

You don't win as many games as they do by just being lucky and carrying average players along.

Because he's not easy on the eye and called Jonny Evans don't mean he isn't a very good defender.... can't believe i'm defending Man Yoo they have some very good players who don't get anywhere near enough credit.

The way people talk you would think Carrick, Cleverly, Welbeck, Jones and Evans are complete s****.

Was absolute gobsmacked with the amount of people who felt Madrid would steamroll through them, they are a very good team ( key word being team) and know how to win at this stage.

You don't win as many games as they do by just being lucky and carrying average players along.

Wow, way to draw  a conclusion from absolutely nothing. If anything I was defending Man U at the weekend and quite like their team. I find Carrick a very good players and the same goes for Welbeck, I really don't rate Evans as a top defender in our league, on the individual level I don't find anything about him excellent.

I agree with this, but imo there isn't a better natural shot stopper around. The saves he makes, most if not all wouldn't get to

krul and worm were last season. i'd also say they had to do it more often.

It was a good gme like.  Fergie was pretty bold sticking four forward players on from the start and keeping it that way most of the game.  Meant that when he got his away goal they could afford to play a bit more cagey in the second half knowing that for all Madrid would love to throw the kitchen sink they'd have to keep four behind the ball.

Both teams had good chances, could have gone either way.

Guest firetotheworks

It honestly bored the tits off me after it went to 1-1. Maybe I hyped it up too much in my head. Both teams played in a very ordinary way.

Pretty boring 2nd half IMO, given the talent on the pitch. Real were scared of conceding again (they should have, when do you see RVP miskick from 12 yards out?) and Man Utd I thought did a very good job of keeping it solid.

Thought Madrid suffered due to a lack of a proper striker on the pitch. Neither Benzema or Higuain did much and it felt like Ronaldo was trying to be both the creator and finisher. It works at Barca because of how insanely in sync the players are with each other, but that doesn't apply to the same degree with RM. Thus it all got a bit desperate and forced and frankly I thought Man Utd were relatively comfortable.

I felt the main reason Madrid suffered was due to a lack of width and quite frankly Fergie knew it too when you see him pick players who pack the middle.

Ronaldo was central, Benzema/Higuain was, Ozil and Di Maria will operating centrally so it all got really congested.

The fullbacks didn't have enough attacking ability to provide said width, Arbeloa is all defense and Coentrao while he had a good game he was never going to be a threat like Marcelo say could have done.

Fergie clearly done his homework as Madrid have suffered with a lack of width all season long.