The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Not sure why people seem absolutely convinced we're clear of danger. A defeat to Southampton could have us right back in it.

'Absolutely convinced' would be arrogant I think, but it's not unreasonable to look up instead of down. I'm not asking for Villa to beat Everton/Liverpool/Swansea over here either. West Ham are a team we should be looking to move above in the next few weeks.

It's one of my few glimpses of positivity :razz: Ironically, Pardew would be probably be looking for Villa to lose ;)

While I'm fairly confident we'll move up the league table the Southampton game is massive. They'll go to us a bit like Reading, as underdogs but bouyed by that win over City. Simply can't afford to cock that up but I think we'll have too much for them esp if HBA is back.

Not the best result for us in terms of our own needs and our wishes for Villa to go down but they have some really tough games coming up and we have quite a few winnable ones left and so far we have looked a completely change side since the new signings (not wanting to jinx that though).