The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

It was a high foot but I don't think there was any intent to harm his opponent and he did seem to be going for the ball so I would say it was a harsh red card. It wasn't dirty in any sort of way.

Surely if Nani doesn't think there's a defender near then he lets the ball drop before taking it, he was trying to take it down at its highest point which makes no sense unless he knows he hasn't got the time to let it drop.

I would love to know what the people on here claiming that Nani shouldn't have been sent off if Cattermole would have done that to Ben Arfa.

Cattermole and Ben Arfa, two players the vast majority on here have very balanced views on.

I would love to know what the people on here claiming that Nani shouldn't have been sent off if Cattermole would have done that to Ben Arfa.

Where as Nani was looking at the ball most of the way Cattermole wouldn't have looked at it once.

Guest firetotheworks

When Chiles says 'let's remind ourselves of the rules' he means 'let's read these rules again and immediately forget them and have to read them when it inevitably happens again.'

The difference is though Cattermole would have went in with 2 feet in the air, not for the ball but directly at Ben Arfa with fucking javelin sized nails coming out of his boots.

didnt a mackem do far worse and get nowt just before tiote was sent off?

Larsson with a very similar challenge, and pretty much everyone was calling for a red.

Nani slams his studs into the side of Arbeloa's stomach, it's a blatant red card for me.

I wouldn't be so pissed if it didn't take him 2 MINUTES to pull the card.....plus it was a yellow at best

I think Blatter has a hand in this game....no way was that a straight red

:smugdog:

didnt a mackem do far worse and get nowt just before tiote was sent off?

Larsson with a very similar challenge, and pretty much everyone was calling for a red.

Nani slams his studs into the side of Arbeloa's stomach, it's a blatant red card for me.

Slams  :lol: :lol:

Cattermole and Ben Arfa, two players the vast majority on here have very balanced views on.

What's your view btw?

"Roy Kean wtf fuck are you on about, not intentional at all if thats a red then Dejong against Spain in the world cup is a life time ban."

"Well what a shame biggest game in world football ruined by a mad moment but a ref in well above his head"

Love FB on nights like this.

Why isn't 606 on tonight? :(

Sam in Guildford who couldn't make it tonight say's he is adamant Fergie has to go after this defeat.

I don't care what team you are, you don't sack your manager because you got beat 2-1 by Real Madrid when you had 10 men.

The difference is though Cattermole would have went in with 2 feet in the air, not for the ball but directly at Ben Arfa with f***ing javelin sized nails coming out of his boots.

Well not really considering he said 'if cattermole would have done that' IE what Nani done, not going in with 2 feet in the air.

He's right, this place would implode if anyone done that to one of our players and didn't get sent off.  From what the ref could see he's got it right.