The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I think I'm off the word soccer, tbh.

:lol: You'll do anything to get yourself outta the doghouse after the playoffs thread.

:lol: These tea drinkers can fuck off. I was actually typing in there, hit f5 and it's all "Fuck you, mong"

Looked like a passing of the torch tonight, which will please the hipsters that were desperate for Barca to lose. To be honest, I don't think it was the dominating rape that everyone is saying - 4-0 was harsh. They deserved the win though. The 3rd goal was a disgrace and changed the tie because Barca would've fancied the 2nd leg at 2-0 but now the tie is dead in the water. Barca have been figued out once again, which seems to happen all the time now (lost to Celtic, lost to Milan, couldn't beat PSG and beaten in Munich). End of an era.

Looked like a passing of the torch tonight, which will please the hipsters that were desperate for Barca to lose. To be honest, I don't think it was the dominating rape that everyone is saying - 4-0 was harsh. They deserved the win though. The 3rd goal was a disgrace and changed the tie because Barca would've fancied the 2nd leg at 2-0 but now the tie is dead in the water. Barca have been figued out once again, which seems to happen all the time now (lost to Celtic, lost to Milan, couldn't beat PSG and beaten in Munich). End of an era.

Don't agree with much there. Bayern were better and deserved to win. 4-0 wasn't really harsh. And it's not the end of an era, they've just not been very good for stretches since Christmas. Still top 3 team in the world.

They just didn't press with any intensity. It's so unlike them but how often have they done it this season? Must be more times this season that they didn't press than the four previous seasons combined.

I don't know. They can't fix it with buying a player or two. Maybe injecting some new blood will prevent some lapses but they don't win the match last night if they had a better CB and winger. They still would have lost, just by less. They need to press with the same intensity. That's what they're missing. Bayern did and neutralised them completely. Messi being unfit also didn't help but what can you say, them's the breaks in life. He's been a machine for four years and they have been more successful than any team in history, so they can't complain about an injury or two to him.

That's what i mean, hunger, Pip.  To press with that intensity, the players have to train ridiculously hard to keep up with the fitness level.  Obviously the players didn't do so this season since they have lost it.  The Dream 3 has finished. New blood won't help much as well.

The only way out is to hire someone like Pep that can re-lit the players' hunger.  IF there is someone like Pep.....

Yea in fact a lot more than that. Diet, lifestyle....Barca players sacrifised a huge lot in the past to maintain their dominance power which should be highly respected, even though I dislike them most.

UEFA's official distance covered statistics released after the game showed that Messi (7,409m) had run more than three kilometres less than both Bayern wingers Arjen Robben (910,997m) and Franck Ribery (10,487m), but "La Pulga" told reporters in the mixed zone that he had felt physically okay out on the pitch.

"I had been out for a while without playing since the injury, but I felt fine," Messi said. "I could not do much about the result, it was a pity."

Thirty minutes from the bench when half-fit had been enough to turn April 10's second leg against PSG in Barca's favour. But Messi, who was declared fully recovered by the club's medical services on Tuesday afternoon, said the Bundesliga champions had been superior in all aspects of the game.

"They have shown they are stronger, they beat us in everything," Messi said. "You could see on the pitch that they were superior."

While anything can happen in football, the final at Wembley on May 25 now looked well beyond Barca's reach, Messi admitted.

"It will be a very difficult game at the Camp Nou, to come back from 4-0 down," he said. "But we must go for it and try and achieve it. They are good, but we will try. If we cannot do that then, well, we will have to think about next year."

Messi's resignation was echoed by other blaugrana players after the game, including Xavi Hernandez and Gerard Pique, with a feeling that they had been beaten by the better team and the tie was now already as good as over.

4-0  :lol:

Dear me things are going to be tough for Pep when he takes over, not sure if he is going to be able to hack it, what with him having £32m spent before he's even got there.

Yawn.

Someone told me today that it was clear that Pep had shown Bayern the weaknesses of the Barca players and thats how they won :lol:

I think Pep would prefer Bayern not to win it

Pep said he'd like Barca to win before the match.

Also, Heynckes said more then once that it was him alone preparing the players as he's got huge knowledge of the Spanish League.

Someone told me today that it was clear that Pep had shown Bayern the weaknesses of the Barca players and thats how they won :lol:

Also, Heynckes said more then once that it was him alone preparing the players as he's got huge knowledge of the Spanish League.

Heynckes ”You have got to analyse how an opponent plays, where they run, how they attack. Then find something you can hold against that. And I did that, I had a Powerpoint presentation, you could see all the runs they do. Defensively we were very strong, we worked very hard. Barcelona couldn't really do anything, they had one and a half chances.“

Being in Germany you have probably already seen the quotes mind :lol:

Heynckes ”You have got to analyse how an opponent plays, where they run, how they attack. Then find something you can hold against that. And I did that, I had a Powerpoint presentation, you could see all the runs they do. Defensively we were very strong, we worked very hard. Barcelona couldn't really do anything, they had one and a half chances.“

Being in Germany you have probably already seen the quotes mind :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I obviously did.

What a final that will be - Bayern - Madrid. Heynckes against Mourinho. Tactical Master in his (2nd)last game for Bayern vs the Special 1 in his (probably) last game for Real.

They both will know exactly what the other will do I suppose. It'll be war.  :'(