The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest Sophie S

If I was a German who supports teams other than Dortmund and Bayern, I'd be a bit miffed at why all these German players couldn't replicate it when it mattered twice against Spain and against Italy in recent years.

Not sure if I should be miffed about them not being up for it before (like Gomez, always shit when playing for Germany), or just happy that they are finally being able to perform when it counts. (And you can always hope for next time around...)

German football at the moment is what every league should try and replicate. Such good football at times, a thousand times more watchable than our shitty over hyped league

And the way they treat the fans. Friendly staff, not victimised by police, cheap/affordable tickets, free travel on matchdays (with a ticket), stadium cash cards (saves time), guys selling beer in the ground. Everything is better.

edit: and f***ing loads of sausage.

The two Spanish teams have looked like a couple of teams who don't have to play challenging games which require them to defend/be on the back foot very often.

Both have displayed the terrible combination of horrific defending, lack of direct pace and lack of strength.

:thup: Stuff they rarely need in the league.

Can't see them changing any time soon. Though you'd have thought Barca at the very least, would buy a CB in the summer.

The two Spanish teams have looked like a couple of teams who don't have to play challenging games which require them to defend/be on the back foot very often.

Hasn't stopped barca from dominating Europe over the past five years.

The Germans had two good days but the Spanish teams will be back next year. I think this turning of the tide thing is far too romantic. The best players still play for the Spanish teams.

Hasn't stopped barca from dominating Europe over the past five years.

The Germans had two good days but the Spanish teams will be back next year. I think this turning of the tide thing is far too romantic. The best players still play for the Spanish teams.

True but they've had each other pressing each other the last 3 IIRC seasons so they've needed to keep the hammer down not like this season.

Second point will be true, I'd be amazed if not.

Maybe Real giving up on the league so early was bad for both Real and Barca. It's possible. I think this real team just played like the team that they've been all year, a lesser version of last year's team. Barca, with Messi not being fully fit, a couple of dodgy decisions and an inability to press like they did under guardiola just ran into a better team and got fucked. But they still haven't lost the inherent talent level. They're just not as hungry as they were and they need some new blood. They weren't pushed in the league and that lack of intensity carried over.

Maybe Real giving up on the league so early was bad for both Real and Barca. It's possible. I think this real team just played like the team that they've been all year, a lesser version of last year's team. Barca, with Messi not being fully fit, a couple of dodgy decisions and an inability to press like they did under guardiola just ran into a better team and got fucked. But they still haven't lost the inherent talent level. They're just not as hungry as they were and they need some new blood. They weren't pushed in the league and that lack of intensity carried over.

:thup: