Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Maybe its just me, but I don't get it... players like him should be busting a gut to make it in the Premier League, be it at Newcastle or wherever. He has ability, but lacks the mettle if you like to make it big. f*** him and good riddance! I hope he rots away in the French league. His bird though... jammy b******!

He absolutely lacks mettle, but not every person is the same. If he was nurtured rather than told to 'fight', then perhaps everything would have turned out differently. There have been plenty of great players who aren't mentally tough grafter types. Sometimes a guy just needs a little fluffing before he can deliver the money shot.

Anyway, I'm indifferent to the whole affair. Should've been given more chances, but also clearly isn't arsed. Meh.

Its not about fight, but about wanting to do well for yourself. Again, maybe its just me, but I throw myself into everything I encounter, work, football with the lads, everything. I cannot understand the attitude of some, well I can, but it half fucks me off as a driven person!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I keep forgetting he's still officially a NUFC player,, wonder how watertight the loan to buy thing is and how much that adds to our kitty. Could have a serious chunk of change next off season, if we are promoted.

I keep forgetting he's still officially a NUFC player,, wonder how watertight the loan to buy thing is and how much that adds to our kitty. Could have a serious chunk of change next off season, if we are promoted.

He's not coming back. They have to buy him.

Thought they already did? or was that Cabella? i get confused by the two :lol: but i'm pretty sure we sold one of them in the summer.

"The relatively reliable La Provence report on Friday morning that Marseille’s ‘option to purchase Thauvin’ has already been fulfilled. It doesn’t explain the payment situation clearly, but it would appear Marseille are now compelled to pay Newcastle United €11m next summer, regardless of what happens between now and then.

"The relatively reliable La Provence report on Friday morning that Marseille’s ‘option to purchase Thauvin’ has already been fulfilled. It doesn’t explain the payment situation clearly, but it would appear Marseille are now compelled to pay Newcastle United €11m next summer, regardless of what happens between now and then.

NUFC confirmed they must buy him when the club confirmed the loan.

The exchange rate actually does us a favour in this case - will be nearly 10 million quid.

The exchange rate actually does us a favour in this case - will be nearly 10 million quid.

Lets hope Brexit goes through then