Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems to me a lot of players are Billy big bollocks on the training pitch but when it comes to it they're too scared to try that shit in a match.

Seems to me a lot of players are Billy big bollocks on the training pitch but when it comes to it they're too scared to try that s*** in a match.

Can imagine that is down to the manager though.  Stick to the game plan or they are out of the team.

Guest VanBarduck

Very similar to HBA, slightly less talented perhaps, but on the other hand he is stronger mentally, works harder and he's definitely more intelligent. By that I mean tactically intelligent, reads the game better, has more variety in his play, overall his football ''IQ'' is higher. He has everything to be a top player (Robben, Reus mould), and I think every one was disappointed by his poor season in France, we all thought he was going to do a Bale season score 30+goals and sign for one of Europe top 5 clubs.

It's not easy to find an explanation, but with hindsight, we can say he didn't 'digest' soon enough Bielsa's new method and heavy workload that comes with. For instance Bielsa tactics required him to man-mark his opposite full back constantly  but also he had to be at the end of every Marseilles's attacks! I think I never saw a winger run that much in a season and since he never had a full preseason the kid looked breathless most of the time. Bielsa loves him , highly praised him at the beginning of the season saying he's the one of the most talented youngster he'd ever coached and he will be among the world's best in a near future.

He kept playing him despite the kid obvious lack of form. It was suicidal Thauvin went on vicious circle of bad performance to finally being dropped 3 games before the end of the season. He then had his best performances coming from the bench with fresh legs and you could see how talented and electric the kid is. Bielsa reiterated his comments about him at the end of the season and he said off-the record that although his work was done with Imbula (sold 20M£ to Porto) he still has to polish the diamond Thauvin is. Last season was a season of transition for Thauvin, he had to cope with his  new notoriety, the massive pressure at Marseille, and the demanding methods of high level football. He has developed his physical qualities, his is now a complete athlete, but also developed some aspect of his game; range of passing, off the ball movement and defending. Now or never is the time to buy him.

Having read that write up, we will never sign this player.

Wish we would just leave him and his family alone, and pursue others that are more willing to ruin their lives with us.

GFN: Marseille have announced an agreement in principle to sign Metz's winger Bouna Sarr.

Thauvin to leave?

#clutchingatstraws

nah their replacement for Ayew/Payet

Merrily tweeting he is no 10 at Marseille next year. Next!

Aye, seems pretty made up :lol:

Florian Thauvin ‏@FlorianThauvin 1h1 hour ago

C'est officiel maintenant ce sera avec le numéro 10 que je porterai fièrement nos couleurs la saison prochaine 🙏🏼😜😋 @OM_Officiel

GFN: Marseille have announced an agreement in principle to sign Metz's winger Bouna Sarr.

Thauvin to leave?

#clutchingatstraws

:yao: Won't get anywhere replacing players.

Thauvin to leave?

#clutchingatstraws

:yao: Won't get anywhere replacing players.

Oh you'll get somewehere alright

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/League-2-Burt-etc.jpg

That Julien Laurens journalist has said Thauvin doesn't want to come to us.

As the player keeps saying himself since he was at Bastia but for some reason we are not listening.  Although, I suppose they can trot the old "we tried" excuse.  Just hope we move on instead of continuing to waste time on him.