Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

My bad, got the dates mixed up. He was still mismanaged tbf, absolutely quality this season.

Playing in a shite league.

That must make every league outside the German, English, Spanish & Italian leagues shite? Quite a statement.

It's true, though. Comparatively speaking.

Of course, football is such a popular sport that even a miniature nation like Iceland can keep a more or less professional league and create players that go on to beat England at their own game, and more normal small countries have leagues of players on CEO salaries, some of whom are actually pretty damn good, and the top leagues in Europe simply can't employ them all. So yeah, no, the other leagues aren't bad, it's just that England/Germany/Italy/Spain are so incredibly good that the rest seem shite in comparison. There's simply no bad premier league player. Not after Shola retired.

He's looked pretty good every time I've seen him in France. TBH it seems more plausible that we wasted his talent than 'playing in France makes everyone look great'. He was at the club at a time where it was incredibly difficult to do well.

Not that it matters now like.

I'm sure there was a good player in there, but he didn't look like he fancied English football one bit. Cabella didn't relish it much either, but at least he gave it a good go. Thauvin got clattered a couple of times in one game and thought - fuck that, let's get back to France.

Fwiw I'd love him back here because he's blatantly got loads of talent and that's first and foremost what I want to see in the wide positions. I doubt he'd gel well with Rafa, though, so it's pointless thinking about it.

I'm sure there was a good player in there, but he didn't look like he fancied English football one bit. Cabella didn't relish it much either, but at least he gave it a good go. Thauvin got clattered a couple of times in one game and thought - fuck that, let's get back to France.

Getting booed by your own fans didn't help!

He might be good in France but in England, somewhere he clearly didn't want to be he wasn't. Being given a chance or not isn't really the argument, he himself didn't want to come to England and he didnt give himself the chance to impress. His whole mindset wasn't exactly geared to trying to be successful.

Granted playing for us didn't help, as good a player as he is, and imo he clearly is a decent player. He wasn't suited to English football and didn't want to be here, and i don't blame him anyway. He wanted to play in his home country and good luck to him.

:lol: What a lowda wet.

Guest neesy111

Well, you've got be a fucking arsehole to go to an away game to boo one of your own players who was struggling with confidence.

Well, you've got be a fucking arsehole to go to an away game to boo one of your own players who was struggling with confidence.

I agree, but if I remember rightly we were losing a match and this pillock was flopping about all over the shop and wasting time. If he can't handle a bit of stick he's best off staying in the Ligue 1.

Watched the French highlights - just the goals mostly - more or less every week this season and he's heavily involved in everything at Marseille. He always looked like he had the ability but he blatantly didn't want to know after the first couple of games here. I'm not surpised Rafa said he wanted him at Napoli.

Like others have pointed out he said on numerous occasions as we were trying to buy him that he didn't want to leave. Hopefully it has been a lesson to the hierarchy in future dealings.

Quotes from Rafa in The Chronicle a day or two ago saying he wanted him to stay but had his heart on returning to France. Said he considered taking him to Napoli so he clearly rates him. Just seems best for all parties he goes and we forget he happened.

Quotes from Rafa in The Chronicle a day or two ago saying he wanted him to stay but had his heart on returning to France. Said he considered taking him to Napoli so he clearly rates him. Just seems best for all parties he goes and we forget he happened.

Is that right? Interesting stuff, Ajay's thought Rafa binned him off a little quickly, turns out he didn't. Good. Wonder what happened with Saivet [emoji38]

Obligation to buy would suggest he's a goner, as even if it's a 'play a certain number of games' clause he's been first choice for them. Can't remember who reported the obligation part mind.