Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 3 weeks later...

He should never have been signed in the first place, the cheeky buggar rejected us 3 or 4 times before OM told him they'd probably need to sell due to their shite finances.

Only thing we've really done wrong is the seemingly low loan-to-buy obligation.

This, 100%

no-one knows what went on behind the scenes of course but i can't say how you could say we handled the lad anything other than poorly by any stretch of the imagination

was surprised rafa binned him straight off mind, perhaps his head had just gone by then

yeah i'm sure that's the case, prior to rafa the club was such a shitshow man...can't see how not adding a clause was the only thing we did wrong with the lad, we handled him disgracefully tbh

that reminds me where's that memphis lad at now?

yeah i'm sure that's the case, prior to rafa the club was such a shitshow man...can't see how not adding a clause was the only thing we did wrong with the lad, we handled him disgracefully tbh

Yeah exactly, we could have at least tried playing him.

they'll be along in a minute to tell us it was all tobin's fault and he shat his pants after some abuse at whatever game it was, doesn't excuse the club one iota...absolutely chronic handling of a young, foreign player

Only thing we've really done wrong is the seemingly low loan-to-buy obligation.

This, 100%

no-one knows what went on behind the scenes of course but i can't say how you could say we handled the lad anything other than poorly by any stretch of the imagination

was surprised rafa binned him straight off mind, perhaps his head had just gone by then

Sure there was a quote from Rafa last season saying he wanted to keep him but he had his head on going back to Marseille. Was in the interview where he mentioned that he tried to sign him for Napoli.

Correct. Rafa wanted him to stay. Player wanted to leave. Actually never wanted to come. Eye catching full debut in Cup and promising cameo against Man Utd and gritty performance against Arsenal. Then fell off a cliff both in terms of performance and attitude coinciding with his girlfriend getting homesick. Club did well not to loose too much money on the deal all things considered. Some transfers work out some don't. End of story.

they'll be along in a minute to tell us it was all tobin's fault and he shat his pants after some abuse at whatever game it was, doesn't excuse the club one iota...absolutely chronic handling of a young, foreign player

Aye I'm not convinced he would have made it here but we basically made it as difficult as possible for him then fucked him off.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...