Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's one thing taking a gamble on damaged goods if they're a bargain but I fail to see the logic in paying more than what Marseille paid for him when he's flopped. Either Carr rates him very highly or the rumoured fee is well off the mark.

That and the Euro is very weak at the moment.

Don't want Tauvin, i've seen more than my fair share of frenchies wussing it up. you never know from one game to the next or even one minute to the next if they're gonna be up for it

Totally agree, suspect DNA. More solid Geordies like Taylor and Wor Jack and we'll be alright.

Bar the hull game last season what I seen of cabella  he's been fucking bleak... That home game against west brom last season was one performance that stunk of shite couldn't string 2 passes together !

Have you been watching him play secretly for someone else?

I've got absolutely nothing against the signing. We need a winger and we need a defender(s). They're separate requirements.

Indeed, a vacuum there's nothing too wrong with this deal. Cabella's head might be gone for NUFC.

@Nabil_djellit: 17 millions pour #Thauvin... Je suis l'#OM, je l'accompagne à l'aéroport... C'est un flop depuis 2 ans...

Some journalist.

Official media partners a bit slow on this one :lol:

This says "17m for Thauvin, I'll take him to the airport. He's been a flop for 2 years".  (I think :lol: )

It's not a tweet breaking the transfer

So we're about to sign a left footed winger similar in style to Hatem and some people are unhappy?! Why on Earth is that?

Ecstatic if this comes off. We need pace and direct running out wide, which wasn't really Cabella's style of play.

If Marseille have insisted on Cabella then that's what it will have to be. Thauvin offers something different that we really lack.

Nice of Mr. Carr to try and get someone in to replace the thrills Ben Arfa provided. Hopefully this one is not as partial to very heavy meals.

I've got absolutely nothing against the signing. We need a winger and we need a defender(s). They're separate requirements.

But surely you can see the concern that it could very well be one or the other so late on?

If it's one or the other then obviously it's the wrong move. But then there is only one correct move, and that is to sign both. If we don't sign both I'll be pissed off, but for now. :thup:

Don't want Tauvin, i've seen more than my fair share of frenchies wussing it up. you never know from one game to the next or even one minute to the next if they're gonna be up for it

Totally agree, suspect DNA. More solid Geordies like Taylor and Wor Jack and we'll be alright.

Good point. I was actually thinking more Andriy Yarmolenko

Good point. I was actually thinking more Andriy Yarmolenko

I never trust in a Ukrainian in this league after this farce. Might be something in their DNA too.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01428/shevchenko_1428354c.jpg

Again - makes you wonder if this is why Cabella hasn't been seen for a few weeks. His 'injury' is keeping him safe for a potential transfer to go through. They did the same with Cabaye and Santon.

Cabella has posted pictures of him having treatment, though. You really think they'd go that far?

But surely you can see the concern that it could very well be one or the other so late on?

Extending Colo's contract and him remaining captain was fairly strong evidence we're not looking at any other defensive options.

@davidmcrossan

On #thauvin posn. He wanted to be no 10 this season. I like him best on right cutting in on to left to shoot #nufc

Sulking prick + this. The more I read, the more I reckon he's not worth it.

Bar the hull game last season what I seen of cabella  he's been f***ing bleak... That home game against west brom last season was one performance that stunk of s**** couldn't string 2 passes together !

Have you been watching him play secretly for someone else?

Aye why ?

Such a bizarre transfer.

And I'm not convinced Cabella can't perform at a high level in this league. He went from hardly playing under Pardew to playing under John fucking Carver. The talent is clearly there and I'd like to see McClaren give him a real chance as a #10, but that seems unlikely.

@davidmcrossan

On #thauvin posn. He wanted to be no 10 this season. I like him best on right cutting in on to left to shoot #nufc

Sulking prick + this. The more I read, the more I reckon he's not worth it.

Are we just adopting the old Wenger approach of filling the midfield with players who prefer to play number 10?