Wilfried Bony

Cort

Options lads options.. Cisse gets injured then what ?,,,,,,  4-4-2 can work with the right players

12m on a option? if we are to spend that sort of money it would be more sensible on a player who can play alongside Cisse and Ben Arfa than an alternative.

:lol: Skirge man, breathe just breathe.

FFS you have me in stitches.

Its feels fkn great to be excited about football again, it was getting to the point of where I was thinking about not renewing my season ticket.

Nah man I agree, between your Greggs influenced (I'm convinced you work for them in some viral marketing type role) photoshop masterstrokes to you falling for fake twitter accounts, and lets not forget the Marley pics :love: your enthusiasm is what I love about this board. Was losing my general optimism as well. 

:loll:

Trust me I just have WAY to much time on my hands, think am going fkn stir crazy to be honest.

:D

Options lads options.. Cisse gets injured then what ?,,,,,,  4-4-2 can work with the right players

12m on a option? if we are to spend that sort of money it would be more sensible on a player who can play alongside Cisse and Ben Arfa than an alternative.

We do realise the only "centre-forward" at the club now is Shola pretty much yeah?

I guess they look at having half a good season out of Cisse and losing Ba they need decent striker option.

Can work the other way if we only sign strikers who can play wide of a front three then we limit ourselves in that way too.

We have to go 4-4-2 for any reason we turn to Shola... I don;t see an issue at all with Bony and Cisse playing together.

Guest Slippery Sam

If we have made a £12m bid for him then why haven't we made the same for the other lad in France?

This Bony story is just a Dekka-inspired feint in order to get Boomerang. 

didn't pardew mention in that golf charity night of 2 x 8+million signing maybe the club are spending a couple of transfer windows worth of money to see us through the season.

Anyone remember where this was posted? Can't find it.

We do realise the only "centre-forward" at the club now is Shola pretty much yeah?

Cisse and Gouffran are both centre forwards because he can play outwide don't mean he's not a centre forward.... same goes for Aubameyang.

I would just prefer someone who can play both roles to fit into a system.... spending 12m on a alternative would be a bit much.

Either that or we go back to 4-4-2 and loads of players on the bench every week, we are not Man City.

didn't pardew mention in that golf charity night of 2 x 8+million signing maybe the club are spending a couple of transfer windows worth of money to see us through the season.

Anyone remember where this was posted? Can't find it.

Not sure if this has been posted... Apparantly was from some charity dinner the other night. Was asked to be not put on the internet...  :whistle:

Colo: wouldn't talk about it at all except to say that it is 100% personal problems and nothing to do with him wanting to go to another club.

Ba: Should have sold him in the summer, the saga has affected the players and it's telling that he didn't contribute a single assist this season.

Transfers: 100% thought they had Remy, everything was agreed and deal all but done.

He likes Danny Graham but pretty much ruled out a move.

Said he expects to make 2 big signings this window (classified above 8 million as what he counts as a big signing when talking about Remy)

Said he thought we were signing 2 more players in the last week of the Summer window and seemed pretty pissed that he didn't get them.

Said this January window is unique, normally teams wouldn't want to buy many players but the fear is all prices will be inflated in the summer due to all the extra money from the new tv deal.

Gets phonecalls about signing Ben Arfa from clubs all the time. Said he should be back fit in about 3 weeks and that Ben Arfa always wants to come back too quickly (wanted to play the game after getting injured until they had a scan and saw he had really bad tear.)

Would like to bring Carroll back if he sorts himself out and gets his head right.

Young players: Thinks Adam Campbell could be a brilliant player, if we can get safe will see him before the end of the season.

Likes Shane Ferguson but feels he lacks self confidence and needs to go out on loan. (in answer to why he didn't play him at Brighton).

Set Plays: Said that we practice them loads but no longer have players like Nolan, Carroll etc who are aggressive in the box. Williamson only real target to aim for and he is not likely to produce anything.

Cisse and Gouffran are both centre forwards because he can play outwide don't mean he's not a centre forward.... same goes for Aubameyang.

I would just prefer someone who can play both roles to fit into a system.... spending 12m on a alternative would be a bit much.

Either that or we go back to 4-4-2 and loads of players on the bench every week, we are not Man City.

whilst I agree with this. At the moment we have Cisse/Shola/Gouffran. Arguably two strikers. So if Cisse gets injured or continues to misfire, we are pinning our hopes on one striker? I'd say we need another in if we do decide to play 4-42

I agree we need another striker but i think it should be a striker which allows us to play 4-3-3 plus Cisse and this striker in the line up....

Thus the want for a versatile striker who can play wide and upfront, from what it sounds like we are either going to compromise the system which the majority of our players fit or he would be cover/competition for Cisse.

12m seems a lot of money for cover/competition and don't want to compromise the system which will lead to the likes of Anita, Tiote and Marveaux on the bench.

Thanks nufcjmc. :thup: Fingers crossed it turns out to be true!

for the record I don't believe most of the stuff that spews out of his mouth however stranger things have happened like us signing players rather than just being linked with them.

I don't see why he couldn't play wide, he is used as a central striker now but who knows what else he has to his game, pace and power may be his main attributes but I see no reason at all why this would not be a great signing.