Wilfried Bony

Cort

I don't see why he couldn't play wide, he is used as a central striker now but who knows what else he has to his game, pace and power may be his main attributes but I see no reason at all why this would not be a great signing.

unless we see Cisse as a permanent fixture out wide where he has been frankly toothless and useless

Krul

Debu - Mbiwa - Colo - Santon

Sissoko - Anita - Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse - Bony

Could maybe do with some more wide players, but fuck me :sweetjesus:

That is the best balanced side if we sign him and no-one else. In the summer it's imperative we sign wide players though.

The strikers we're going after (PEA, Bony) and already got (Gouffran) seem to imply that we'll play two upfront anyways.

Not necessarily because Gouffran and Aubameyang started their careers as wingers and Aubameyang has played there a handful of times this season.

Bony is the odd one out in this scenario it would seem, but anyway lets wait and see i hope Pards knows what he's doing. (:yao:)

We'll have width with Santon and Debuchy bombing up and down. Solidity with Colo and Mapou. Anita/Tiote holding the middle of the field. Sissoko and Cabaye up and down the pitch creating and getting stuck in. HBA probably in a free-role. Bony the battering ram and Cisse the poacher.

Looks fucking brilliant to me :lol:

Krul

Sissoko - Anita - Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse - Bony

Could maybe do with some more wide players, but fuck me :sweetjesus:

As we now have many central midfielders, 2 good full backs and are targeting more strikers, it seems logical that Pardew is trying to go 4-3-1-2.

Krul

Sissoko - Anita - Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse - Bony

Could maybe do with some more wide players, but f*** me :sweetjesus:

That's the way we should play! Imagine that, plus the likes of Marv gouffran, hell even obertan to come off the bench as game changers

Have to admit and it fkn hurts to do so but unless we have already done the leg work on this, with the time left in this window I have serious doubt this will happen.

And I will hate The Telegraph forever.

Howay, Bony lad!

If we get this chap, it would only need another top-class centre-back to make this transfer window pretty much a maximum break in terms of addressing specific squad weaknesses.

Did you miss the Yanga-Mbiwa signing? :lol:

I think if it is true we are after this guy then it will go to the final day on transfer deadline day. Nothing will happen tomorrow because it's a Sunday (lazy day), Monday it could happen but maybe it's too soon for a bid to be accepted (Vitesse and St Etienne will hold out for bigger bids), Tuesday is a match day and we typically under Ashley rule don't do business on a match day, then that leaves the last two days of the window.

The strikers we're going after (PEA, Bony) and already got (Gouffran) seem to imply that we'll play two upfront anyways.

Not necessarily because Gouffran and Aubameyang started their careers as wingers and Aubameyang has played there a handful of times this season.

Bony is the odd one out in this scenario it would seem, but anyway lets wait and see i hope Pards knows what he's doing. (:yao:)

I might be wrong but from what I've read the position where Gouffran has really broken through has been as a pure front man though? And the comments from him after he signed about forming a good partnership with Cisse seem to point towards that direction too.

I hope we find a way to fit Marv in though, would be an absolute pity if he left us because he wasn't getting the games he wanted.

There will be injuries among other things..... if we go with the 4-3-1-2 people are mooting he could easily play the Ben Arfa or Cabaye role ignoring that we could easily play 5 in midfield in some games and he would be one of them.

Not worried about that at all.

This is most unexpected. Really thought the Sissoko was the conclusion of our transfer business this January, apparently not!

We've gone crazy :cheesy2: (and I'm for all it!). Cue the mass hysteria.

I might be wrong but from what I've read the position where Gouffran has really broken through has been as a pure front man though? And the comments from him after he signed about forming a good partnership with Cisse seem to point towards that direction too.

they don't have to play necessarily as wingers but a bit of both, having the freedom to move off the central striker into space which is normally between centre half and full back and further out wide. i see bony as being a very through the middle type striker, like cisse. the other two seem much more able to have an effect drifting wide when they get the chance.