Wilfried Bony

Cort

We could sign 5 top class strikers and I'm pretty sure Shola would still find a way to get in the team.

probably break their legs in friendly match in training via a rash challenge despite them being on his own team.

What in the absolute fuck is going on? :lol:

Every day I wake up to find some new mad shit we're up to. Wonder what I'll get tomorrow.

"Das Bild: £40m Gotze bid to be accepted" is my conservative guess.

What in the absolute f*** is going on? :lol:

Every day I wake up to find some new mad s*** we're up to. Wonder what I'll get tomorrow.

There'd be no forum for you to come back to if that happened :lol:

What in the absolute fuck is going on? :lol:

Every day I wake up to find some new mad shit we're up to. Wonder what I'll get tomorrow.

Yeah this is me, except I come back drunk and feel like the nonsensical drunk/stoned meme guy.

I'm just confused at this point.

Genuinely tempted to get some heroin in and space out for the day just to see what's next.

Looks like maybe Xisco's leaving at long last...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo5b8m2ECC1qzcc1f.gif

Don't believe this rumor for a second......please happen, please happen!

To be fair we need two more strikers before the start of next season. We have versatility in Gouffran and a target man in Cisse, we need an alternative to both. Nothing we have is currently acceptable. Sammy and Campbell should be on loan next year, Xisco and Ranger will be released and Shola will stay but fifth choice is about right.

Bony fits an alternative to Cisse but could still possibly play alongside him with two up front. Aubermayeng can play out wide or in the middle like Gouffran. If this actually is true, as the telegraph states and we are in talks to sign Bony I would imagine we are chancing our arm at getting one of the two now. Interesting part would be if both Vitesse and St. Etienne accepted our bids, time for Derek to panic. Also has to be remembered we have RVW and DeJong both linked, the latter available in the summer too.

Bony would however be eligible to play in Europa if we actually did sign him and wanted to register him.

There's no way in hell we will buy another 2 strikers, especially ones as high profile as Bony or Aubameyang.

How high profile are they really though, especially when half the country had never heard of them until this transfer window? :dontknow:

There's no way in hell we will buy another 2 strikers, especially ones as high profile as Bony or Aubameyang.

How high profile are they really though, especially when half the country had never heard of them until this transfer window? :dontknow:

Not your average man in the street but both have been bubbling under for 12-18 months on the potential hype machine. Those 2 and Lacina Traore are pretty much the future of African forwards as far as I'm aware.

When i said high profile i mean the price, they are both 10m plus.

Not your average man in the street but both have been bubbling under for 12-18 months on the potential hype machine. Those 2 and Lacina Traore are pretty much the future of African forwards as far as I'm aware.

Cheers. It was just the phrase 'high profile' that got me. Just getting a bit worn down by the endless hyperbole on here. You'd think Mike Ashley was the Second Coming and all these new players were the latter day saints the way folks are going on. [/grumpyoldman]

Cheers. It was just the phrase 'high profile' that got me. Just getting a bit worn down by the endless hyperbole on here. You'd think Mike Ashley was the Second Coming and all these new players were the latter day saints the way folks are going on. [/grumpyoldman]

so we should hold back on the mike ashley fan club thread for a bit then?

Know what you mean, I'm excited to watching them but the proof will definitely be in the pudding, too many false dawns watching this mob and it's a massive ask for 3/4 players to all adapt instantaneously. On the flip side I'm sure that they can't be any worse than known 'boo boys'.

Ashley is merely protecting his investment, his PR man Pardew said as much himself, signings brought forward because we've been shite.