Wilfried Bony

Cort

Think he'd make a great partner for Cisse, better than any mentioned so far.

Only downfall is 442, we'd still need a proper left winger and we're also stacked a bit too much centrally for any kind of flat 442.

Not to mention we would have 6 CMs and only 2 of them would be starting :lol:

3 in midfield with Ben Arfa behind front 2 with Debuchy and Santon playing like wing backs  :snod:

Aye i was responding to the flat 4-4-2 comment, should have bolded it  :blush:

I wouldn't say he looks all that quick tbh, but thats just going off the YouTube videos of him.

Unfortunately i don't think there's anything in this one and can't really see it happening.

Going from wanting to sign Aubameyang to Bony just doesn't make sense in terms of the style of play imo.

Just out of interest, how reliable is the Sunday Telegraph as a source btw?

Guest Newcastletom

I like the sound of that 4-3-1-2 formation

Ben arfa would suit the free role position because his defending isn't to good when he's at RM

Hmmmm.....we've signed a "top scorer in the Dutch league" before, you know...

http://cdn.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/dynamic/00337/tomasson_188499s_337670s.jpg

Seems a big bid for someone hardly any of us has heard of previously.

I wouldn't say he looks all that quick tbh, but thats just going off the YouTube videos of him.

Unfortunately i don't think there's anything in this one and can't really see it happening.

Going from wanting to sign Aubameyang to Bony just doesn't make sense in terms of the style of play imo.

Just out of interest, how reliable is the Sunday Telegraph as a source btw?

better than most, not overly inclined to making up tripe, first reported the Ba transfer to Chelsea iirc but last sunday before deadline day so treat everything with caution

Guest firetotheworks

From the very little I've just seen on YouTube, he reminds me very slightly of a black man.

fyp

Textbook.

Think he'd make a great partner for Cisse, better than any mentioned so far.

Only downfall is 442, we'd still need a proper left winger and we're also stacked a bit too much centrally for any kind of flat 442.

HBA needs to own the left wing going forward.

Just thinking back to Drogba, remember him ripping us apart, then Chelsea signed him and for a good few games he was fkn shocking.

He soon came good though and Drogba was ni mug a central striker but an intelligent player who dropped out wide or deep, if there was space he found it, Bony is like that, great and finding space and times his runs brilliantly.

Considering the other business we've done and how close to the end of the transfer window we are, I don't think we'll be chasing players too hard. As with Aubameyang, if there's truth in this I reckon we'll be offering them a single take it or leave it deal based on what we have left in the pot. If they take it great but if not we'll reassess our options in the summer. Based on absolutely nowt of course.

Just thinking back to Drogba, remember him ripping us apart, then Chelsea signed him and for a good few games he was fkn shocking.

He soon came good though and Drogba was ni mug a central striker but an intelligent player who dropped out wide or deep, if there was space he found it, Bony is like that, great and finding space and times his runs brilliantly.

Aye but its a completely different scenario.... Drogba never played upfront with a partner he was the lone CF with midfielders joining him.

If we do buy him then i hope we have a plan that suits him and the team, he looks great but i'm quite skeptical.

Considering the other business we've done and how close to the end of the transfer window we are, I don't think we'll be chasing players too hard. As with Aubameyang, if there's truth in this I reckon we'll be offering them a single take it or leave it deal based on what we have left in the pot. If they take it great but if not we'll reassess our options in the summer. Based on absolutely nowt of course.

Based on sound logic IMO. Well it's what I'm thinking as well, so maybe not  :lol:

From the very little I've just seen on YouTube, he reminds me very slightly of a black man.

fyp

:lol:

:lol:

Mike Ashley is a fucking enigma. Working out my lass is basically pimps in comparison, and she has many confusing quirks.

First time I've seen pimps used in that context since I was about 10 for this I salute you.

Seems a bit mad this like.

It would seem strange to bid £12m on this guy and only £9m on Aubameyang if that were the case.

I don't think we'll get any more players in the window, mind.

Don't normally look players up on YouTube (especially when he's scoring in a league which isn't the strongest) but must say his 11/12 array of goals are pretty impressive. Really could do with not having Shola near the first XI...

It would seem strange to bid £12m on this guy and only £9m on Aubameyang if that were the case.

I don't think we'll get any more players in the window, mind.

Nah, we'd still have our valuations on players and stick to them strictly. We might have £12m that we're willing to spend still, but if we don't believe Aubameyang is worth more than £9m we won't bid it. It's probably what fucked us up in the summer, that lack of flexibility.