Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

Great first half, they came at us early in the second half, got a goal, and there confidence was up and the crowd came to life, resolute defending, good performance overall.

That second half was anything but good.

The fact that we held on for a win will be a much needed boost. Villa came out firing like possessed demons. Well done Newcastle.

A win like that where everyone was getting stuck in and battling and fighting together and coming out on top will be massive, absolutely massive for the new lads and the current ones.

We deserved to lose.

No we did not, we scored two f***ing goals to their one.

Spazzmo logic

I'm assuming you're trolling. They dominated us whilst we played like a league 1 side for the 2nd half with our managers making the worst choices he could.

How the fuck am I trolling?

we scored two goals to their one, they could not get past our defence and keeper.

I dont fucking care how we played now, we got 3 points

More fucking fool villa.

The momentum was always going to change at some point, the extremely soft penalty gave them a boost as well.

That said, the way Pardew reacted to the change was hard to understand to say the least. Presumably Sissoko is fully match fit, much more capable of finishing a game than Jonas. And Shola didn't add anything, Anita should have come on at that point.

3 away points. Time to start clawing our way back up that table.

Seems to be fashionable to label Pardew a 'cunt' despite the win. The strange world of the internet forum. Cheer up lads, laters x

A Shola and a Pardew fan. What a combination. :yao: :memelol:

Healthier things i could have done tonight: Stuck 500g of heroin up me arse while bathing in acid eating a deep fried kebab pizza smoking anthrax.

:lol: Don't make me laugh, I might drop down dead from the shock.

Kidding aside, my fingers are cold, sweaty and numb and my heart is pounding so hard its making me feel ill.

Down some more anthrax TT that usually shakes those symptoms off for me.

Debuchy needs to get his act together. It was a really stupid tackle and that could have lost us the game. He looked vulnerable throughout.

We still need some kind of counter-attacking threat when the opposition piles forward like that. All we did was hoof it away, and of course it comes straight back.

Krul saved our bacon really. Not for the first time.

Seems to be lacking a bit of fitness - quite laboured when running as the game went on.