Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

With Marveaux back I'd go with this:

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita Cabaye

Gouffran Sissoko Marveaux

Cissé

Thats the best 11 we have, but Taylor will play and so will Jonas.

I doubt Jonas will play if Marveaux is ready.

You havent been intoduced to Mr Pardew then?

Mr Pardew who said that Marveaux would have started against Villa, had he not been injured?

Obertan trained today as well, so at least there's another attacking option to be had from the bench here too.

/tumbleweed

Obertan's looked good this season more often than not. He's a very good option from the bench.

Obertan trained today as well, so at least there's another attacking option to be had from the bench here too.

/tumbleweed

Obertan's looked good this season more often than not. He's a very good option from the bench.

Don't disagree, was just pre-empting the expected reaction that news was going to get :laugh:

Cabaye's form and Sissoko's power/pace in midfield gives me some confidence for this game.

I'd agree, but if we sit back hoof it second half again they will murder us.

Definitely. In fact when was the last time we really pushed on in the 2nd half in a prem game at St James?

/tumbleweed

If available he would have been the best option to relieve a bit of pressure 2nd half against Villa.

Guest Roger Kint

Cabaye's form and Sissoko's power/pace in midfield gives me some confidence for this game.

Definitely. In fact when was the last time we really pushed on in the 2nd half in a prem game at St James?

Man City? QPR?

Man City? QPR?

Good shouts on both but I was thinking more in terms of when we've been leading.

With Marveaux back I'd go with this:

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita Cabaye

Gouffran Sissoko Marveaux

Cissé

Like this team although Saylor is one of my favourite players so hope he starts. I expect he will too. Difficult decision as we have 3 top quality CB's now assuming for the moment that Mbiwa is as good as most on here are making out.

Not massively keen on Obertan but if we need someone off the bench i'd far prefer Obertan to Shola.

Man City? QPR?

Good shouts on both but I was thinking more in terms of when we've been leading.

Why the hell would you want to play decent football when you're winning a game? ???

Man City? QPR?

Why the hell would you want to play decent football when you're winning a game? ???

:pardsgrin:

/tumbleweed

On the left he is a better option than Jonas imho. On the right he's often shocking

We need to keep up the pressing we had going on against Villa and try somehow to run over their midfield. Long balls would be a waste of time with Terry/Ivanovic/Cahill and Shola/Cisse/Gouffran won't win a thing. Need to get it on the ground and play through them. Maybe Gouffran right and Marv left this time, we need to turn their central defenders as there ain't much pace there

/tumbleweed

On the left he is a better option than Jonas imho. On the right he's often shocking

He has a choice on the right of crossing or cutting inside. It's taken away from him on the left so he benefits.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew added: “Marveaux was unfortunate to get injured just before the game because he would have started the game.

“However, the team did so well it means I have a decision to make.

“The team will be pretty much as it was.

“We have to build on Villa now, that one is done.”

Same line up.