Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

From West London sport on Mata:

Juan Mata will be checked over by the Chelsea medical team after suffering an ankle injury in the 2-2 draw at Reading.

The Blues playmaker was substituted on 77 minutes with his team 2-0 up at the Madejski Stadium.

Reading, who had failed to register a shot on target, subsequently scored two late goals to snatch a draw.

However, Benitez revealed the decision to bring on Yossi Benayoun for Mata was made because the Spaniard had picked up a knock.

Benitez said: “He has a problem with his ankle, we will have to see the doctor. It was a little painful but we will have to see tomorrow.”

Aye f*** Ba, he'll get plenty of stick.  Especially when kissing the floor celebrating the hatrick.

Kissing the floor! :lol:

wasn't meant literally btw, I do realise he's not kissing the floor.

I thought that was likely, I just found it chucklesome.

Got real butterflies for this one. As gash-tastic as the second half at Villa was, I believe Pardew when he says the dressing room is at an all-time high. I just hope, as an absolute bare minimum, we put in a good performance. I could probably live with a defeat, providing we don't limp to a humiliating defeat that's been constructed by ridiculous managerial decisions. That scenario is about as likely as a surprise victory imo; really not sure how it's going to go.

Webb's decision to disallow Viduka's goal against Fulham still irks me to this day.

Me too the very reason we went down.

Thought it was just me that hated the tosser for that. (Mind he did give us a pen we shouldn't have had against the makems that season)

Is it confirmed that Mata is out? Or are people getting way ahead of themselves cause of the FF stuff? :lol:

It's not confirmed no but he was taken off on 77 mins because of the ankle injury and will be assessed. More than likely will play though I reckon.

Physioroom.com has him out - no date for return

Is it confirmed that Mata is out? Or are people getting way ahead of themselves cause of the FF stuff? :lol:

It's not confirmed no but he was taken off on 77 mins because of the ankle injury and will be assessed. More than likely will play though I reckon.

Physioroom.com has him out - no date for return

You can't really rely on Physioroom to be honest. No return date relates more to a lack of knowledge about the diagnosis rather than "it's serious so he's out for a long time"

With Marveaux back I'd go with this:

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita Cabaye

Gouffran Sissoko Marveaux

Cissé

Thats the best 11 we have, but Taylor will play and so will Jonas.

Krul

Anita Cabaye

Cissé

I doubt Jonas will play if Marveaux is ready.

Krul

Anita Cabaye

Cissé

I doubt Jonas will play if Marveaux is ready.

You havent been intoduced to Mr Pardew then?