Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea - 02/02/13 - post-match orgasm from page 58

Rich

Kinda lucky Terry didn't catch Cisse with that two footed lunge that led to the goal. Completely missed out reckless that was on 1st viewing.

Spotted that at the time - seemed like a premeditated attempt by JT to get 'revenge' on Cissé for the elbow incident earlier on; couldn't have worked out any sweeter as he completely missed him, Cissé sets Gouffran away and then JT is out of position to stop Sissoko slotting home the rebound.

:aww:

Kinda lucky Terry didn't catch Cisse with that two footed lunge that led to the goal. Completely missed out reckless that was on 1st viewing.

Spotted that at the time - seemed like a premeditated attempt by JT to get 'revenge' on Cissé for the elbow incident earlier on; couldn't have worked out any sweeter as he completely missed him, Cissé sets Gouffran away and then JT is out of position to stop Sissoko slotting home the rebound.

:aww:

Besides the winner, it was my favourite moment of the match. Like I said earlier; it made it so much more sweeter than it was the prick who fucked up and let us in. Still a lot to do though and it was terrific control from Cisse and a good run from Gouffran.

None of them were spectacular, but all three goals were excellent in their own right today.

Looking at the table it's such a damn shame we didn't beat Reading. Sitting joint 10th looking on for a top half finish.

5 games time hopefully we are there.

Tbf, by May we'll probably be 13th and will point to that game as a reason for why we're not 18th.

You can look at the table and mention numerous games and say "we should be sitting 6th", or something.

Looking at the table it's such a damn shame we didn't beat Reading. Sitting joint 10th looking on for a top half finish.

If the last 2 results are anything to go by, we could do a bit of damage now due to how open/poor the league has been this year. A top 8 finish is suddenly very possible.

Need to sort out that awful goal difference though.

Tbf, by May we'll probably be 13th and will point to that game as a reason for why we're not 18th.

You can look at the table and mention numerous games and say "we should be sitting 6th", or something.

I know you can, but since it was arguably the easiest game at home well get and only happened a couple of weeks ago its a what if right now, especially how it was thrown away.

If it meant our new signings weren't here then it's 3points gratefully lost.  :lol:

If the last 2 results are anything to go by, we could do a bit of damage now due to how open/poor the league has been this year. A top 8 finish is suddenly very possible.

4 games after the spuds look tasty, think where we will end up will have a lot to do with those games, get up there and well stay there pushing on for the rest of the season.

Amazing game, followed up our first away win in ages with our first win from behind. Exactly what we needed to get our season back on track! Brilliant atmosphere, bedlam at the end when the winner went in. Thats what football is all about, moments like those. Reminds me of the 4-4 with Arsenal in that I have went from being so despondant to jubilation in a short space of time. Bring on Spurs!

13 games left, realistically think we can expect to pick up points in all of them - maybe Citeh away is one game that could be a stretch too far but with the new boys in the squad, I genuinely don't see why they should fear anyone.

Not outside the realms of possibility that we can pick up another 25-30points. All depends if we decide to cut loose in the league and go for the wins (not got a lot to lose) and focus on the Europa league adventure.

52/55pts good enough for top 6?

Amazing game, followed up our first away win in ages with our first win from behind. Exactly what we needed to get our season back on track! Brilliant atmosphere, bedlam at the end when the winner went in. Thats what football is all about, moments like those. Reminds me of the 4-4 with Arsenal in that I have went from being so despondant to jubilation in a short space of time. Bring on Spurs!

This this and this

Been doubting my season ticket (Terrible to say) but it's days like this that remind you why you go. Amazing 

13 games left, realistically think we can expect to pick up points in all of them - maybe Citeh away is one game that could be a stretch too far but with the new boys in the squad, I genuinely don't see why they should fear anyone.

Not outside the realms of possibility that we can pick up another 25-30points. All depends if we decide to cut loose in the league and go for the wins (not got a lot to lose) and focus on the Europa league adventure.

52/55pts good enough for top 6?

(My initial post has been more almost completely irrelevant because I've noticed the league table I was looking at is wrong  :hmm: )

I do hope you're right though. The way we played at 2-1 down today certainly gave me massive hope that we're just going to go for it now and see what happens. Getting some confidence and moral back is/will be a huge factor in how we finish because we were riding that particular wave last season to great effect.

Tbh i looked at the table last night and after we get past the Spurs game most of the remaining games ( City away aside) are all very winnable.

We could make a late surge in theory but we all know that this game isn't like that and we will probably be bite on the arse more than once before May.

But in theory there is opportunities for climbing the table considerably between now and May.

Once we get out of the relegation battle we can play without any pressure. That combined with some competition for the starting lineup spots and new boys wanting to impress could result in a nice end to the season. :thup: