Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea - 02/02/13 - post-match orgasm from page 58

Rich

Could have been worse. Expected him to give a pen for the ba incident and also could easily have given Cisse a red. Not that I personally think they should have been given but wouldn't have surprised me if Webb had given them.

Cabaye seems to genuinely hate him :lol:

:lol:

Someone near me at SJP pointed out that Webb kept going up to up to Cabaye and he just ran off. By the end this bloke was shouting 'he doesn't fucking care what you've got to say!'. :lol:

The second goal is better on highlights than I remember it from my rubbish angle in the Gallowgate. Jonas to Cisse, lovely turn and pass from Cisse and great pace from Gouffran. Type of counterattacking goal we never score.

Showed a great side of Cisse we haven't seen enough of

Woeful finishing aside I think that's the best all round game I've seen Cisse have. Held it up well, constant running and showing for it and great link up play. Those finishes though, just put your foot through it man.

Woeful finishing aside I think that's the best all round game I've seen Cisse have. Held it up well, constant running and showing for it and great link up play. Those finishes though, just put your foot through it man.

Someone on Twitter was suggesting earlier that playing out wide may have given him a better understanding of team play.

Someone on Twitter was suggesting earlier that playing out wide may have given him a better understanding of team play.

Pards tactical masterstroke... ;)

The Wenger/Walcott approach, we are going a bit far with this copying Arsenal thing now.

shame we couldnt get past brighton - would've really fancied us for the fa cup. we've got a team that on its day will beat any in the league

Agree. Thought, we now can - after almost knowing we'll be getting safe soon - also focus on the Europa League.

Would love it if we got to the final. Amsterdam calling.

Just had a quick browse on a Chelsea forum (TheShedEnd) - Dear me they are an awful bunch of fans. Basically saying the only reason they lost was because of Howard Webb. Nothing to do with there team being unable to defend under pressure and their complete and utter lack of a leader in the middle of the park. Astounding stuff.

Agree it was probably a pen to Chelsea yesterday regarding the Ba incident. However, never in a million years is that a red card. Ba didn't see the boot coming and he had already taken the header. Accidental. If your CB doesn't go in for that challenge they would get absolutely crucified for failing to do so. Accidental boot to the face, but a penalty at best.

Regarding us however.. I thought we where superb yesterday. The drive from every single player was a joy to behold. Most please aspect for myself was probably our reaction to going 2-1 down. Many times this season we've seen our team hide once going behind. Superb attitude to claw our way back into the game. Defense was brilliant, total team effort. Midfield looked composed and in control throughout. Cabaye is the heartbeat of this side and surely must be captain when/if Colo leaves in the summer.

Cisse is an absolute monster. Not sure what to describe him as. Having a midfield which moves, is such a bonus. This can only be beneficial to HBA when he returns. For a long while our midfield/forwards have been to static in the final third. Having Gouffran and Sissoko bombing on will give the opposition much more to worry about, allowing HBA a bit more space to operate.

Must also comment on the balance of our side too. Yesterday was the 1st time in a while I've watched us and thought we have a system in place and it worked. Superb. Onwards and upwards.

Can you give a penalty when they've already missed the chance? Ba didn't know he was going to be booted in the face, he missed the header anyway.

If he scores there it wouldn't be ruled out and brought back for a penalty, so surely even if you think if was a foul the advantage has already been given?

Guest bimpy474

Can you give a penalty when they've already missed the chance? Ba didn't know he was going to be booted in the face, he missed the header anyway.

If he scores there it wouldn't be ruled out and brought back for a penalty, so surely even if you think if was a foul the advantage has already been given?

Advantage doesn't come into it though, there wasn't any to give, as the kick from Colo came after Ba's header. The question is whether the kick warrants a penalty, which as has been discussed on here, anywhere else on the pitch it would be given as a free kick, which is what a penalty is after all.

For me as a ref it's a pen, but even i don't think i'd give it during a game as you seem to deem it different when it's a shot inside the box. It's an oddity that will always be imo.

Ramires tackle should have been a sending off ..... it could have broke Jonas' legs ffs.

BCLjDVWCEAE-FoK.jpg

So yeah f*ck off you twats, we bossed you for the majority of the game so stop blaming the ref for you're own deficiencies.

:thup: 100%, I was foaming at that.  Webb completely bottled it due to the colour of Ramires' shirt.  The Colo one was more difficult for him to call.

Guest bimpy474

Ramires tackle should have been a sending off ..... it could have broke Jonas' legs ffs.

BCLjDVWCEAE-FoK.jpg

So yeah f*ck off you twats, we bossed you for the majority of the game so stop blaming the ref for you're own deficiencies.

When you see it from another angle his right foot isn't going in studs first, which i think saved him. But after looking at it few times now i think it's a red, he's just been a bit clever, it's one of those crafty ones where it puts a doubt in the ref's mind at to whether it's out and out nasty.

I thought the Ramires challenge was a yellow. It was two footed, but his feet weren't stamping down towards Jonas' legs if that makes any sense, they were sweeping sideways. It was a poor challenge, but it was never going to do any damage.

I understand if under the letter of the law "two feet off the ground" = red, but I don't agree that the laws should be that way (if indeed they are worded as such, or similarly!).